"Concertina Two" and more from Frank Butler

2 replies to this topic

#1 farflung48

farflung48

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:04 PM

Hi, all. I'm in search of a copy of Frank Butler's second tutorial for the English concertina: "Concertina Two." It doesn't seem to be in print, or at least isn't carried in any of the shops I've searched online. I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can find a copy, new or used. If it's no longer under copyright, I'd happily pay for a photocopy ... Or if it is under copyright, I'd happily pay whoever has the copyright for a photocopy or a PDF.

On the same subject, my Google searches found a remembrance of Mr. Butler that mentions there's a book of his arrangements out there as well. I'd love to see a copy of this, too.

Forgive me if this has been discussed here: My search of the forums found only an '04 string from someone also looking, with no apparent resolution.

Thanks for any help!

John Cochran
Washington, DC

#2 Ex Libris

Ex Libris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:51 AM

Hi, all. I'm in search of a copy of Frank Butler's second tutorial for the English concertina: "Concertina Two." It doesn't seem to be in print, or at least isn't carried in any of the shops I've searched online. I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can find a copy, new or used. If it's no longer under copyright, I'd happily pay for a photocopy ... Or if it is under copyright, I'd happily pay whoever has the copyright for a photocopy or a PDF.

On the same subject, my Google searches found a remembrance of Mr. Butler that mentions there's a book of his arrangements out there as well. I'd love to see a copy of this, too.

Hi John,

Both are in the ICA Library. I know that you are a member so will get copies to you. Like most folks I'm a bit busy in the run up to Christmas, but should have a bit more time once the main festivies are over.

Regards,

Jeremy

#3 inventor

inventor

Chatty concertinist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:12 AM

I believe that the WCCP bought the copyright of both Frank Butler books a few years ago, and make copys of them on demand.
Inventor.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users