March of the Concertina's

Alan Day

edited to say that I've now posted a mix of my track with LDTs - so it's called cmarch5 and the link will take you there.

Sadly that link for cmarch5 gives rise to an error message :(

Sorry - I put the new file in the wrong place.

I've fixed it now. .... if you still get an error try a refresh to reload the links ... or THIS should get you there directly

Chris

Edited by spindizzy

Fancy a spot of acoustic bass on it? Don't want to hog the mix...

Super idea Al, but worried about ginckoc this up in terms of adding to the queued players' offerings in case I jump the unknown place in the queue.

Lining up a psaltery hopefully.

supposing one listened to your original on headphones and played and recorded one's instrument on its own at the same tempo, then to send file to you? Can u/Will easily add it at your end?

B)

There is an MP3 at http://www.pghardy.n...ina/recordings/ with me playing it twice in parallel, on a brass-reeded Wheatstone 8461, and on a brass-reeded George Case baritone (unnumbered but probably about 3000), both instruments about 150 years old! They were recorded with Audacity against the original Alan Day recording, which was then deleted, so they are available to be merged in to a final composite by whoever does that!

Hi Paul,Alan,

Hope you don't mind ... I've added your contribution in to the copy of the mix that i have and put it at www.spindizzy.net/music

so we can hear how it's coming along. (It sounds grand!)

Kautilya ... yes if you play along to one of the recordings on headphones and just record yourself, whoever does the definitive final mix can add it in at anytime, so you don't need to worry about jumping the queue.

Chris

Edited by spindizzy

Hi Paul,Alan,

Hope you don't mind ... I've added your contribution in to the copy of the mix that i have and put it at www.spindizzy.net/music

Kautilya ... yes if you play along theone of the recordings on headphones and just record yourself, we can add it in at anytime, so you don't need to worry about jumping the queue.

Chris

Ta Chris - much easier technolloggickjalee. Will advise some other pressed gang recruits to do the same... hopefully.

Hi Paul,Alan,

Kautilya ... yes if you play along to one of the recordings on headphones and just record yourself, whoever does the definitive final mix can add it in at anytime, so you don't need to worry about jumping the queue.

Chris

OK - couple of starter background droney D & G note occasional inserts done (timed to run from start of Al's master == either on first or second low D usually -- with headphones on...)

About 1Mb each mp3 (reduced from 18/19MB with Audacity).

Do I send 'em to Orcs at the forge in Mordor, (who is head Orc & address) or put em up here for incomprehensible listening and downloading by appropriate hobbit?) They sound like alien signals hitting Lovell's dish :rolleyes:

:)

Edited by Kautilya

Kautilya - If you email the mp3 files to me, I'll put them together with the mix from the Spindizzy site (mix 6, I think), and add some bass at the same time - then I'll repost here.

Cheers,

Will

will.fly@mjra.net

Kautilya - If you email the mp3 files to me, I'll put them together with the mix from the Spindizzy site (mix 6, I think), and add some bass at the same time - then I'll repost here.

Cheers,

Will

will.fly@mjra.net

That sounds good to me ....

Cheers,

Will

will.fly@mjra.net

Ta. Will do - shortly I hope...

I've printed the dots and will take a look at it this evening to see if I can work out a line for the baritone. In the meantime here's the abc for those that want to add it to a collection:

X:1

T:March for Concertinas

C:Alan Day

L:1/8

M:2/4

K:G

zB AB | G2 D2 | EB AB | G2 D2 | E2 DC | B,D GA | B2 AG | A2 A/A/A |

AB AB | G2 D2 | EB AB | G2 B2 | c2 BA | d2 G2 | BA GF | G2 G/G/G | G2 FG |

A2 A2 | B2 B2 | c2 A2 | F2 D2 | A2 A/A/A | B2 G2 | d4- |dB AB | G2 D2 |

EB AB | G2 B2 | c2 BA | d2 G2 | BA GF | G4 ||

Most helpful tho losing end bars when I try to blow up the tuneotroned pdf (so I can read it easier with my pince-nez) to print out - !

Can one fix the title in ABC to March of the Concertinas or do u need to do it here...? :unsure: :blink:

ta!

I've printed the dots and will take a look at it this evening to see if I can work out a line for the baritone. In the meantime here's the abc for those that want to add it to a collection:

Most helpful tho losing end bars when I try to blow up the tuneotroned pdf (so I can read it easier with my pince-nez) to print out - !

Can one fix the title in ABC to March of the Concertinas or do u need to do it here...? :unsure: :blink:

ta!

Just cut 'n paste to the tune a tron box - edit the T: field in there and submit

Try printing landscape - you can make it bigger without losing bits ... or make the lines shorter, just hit reurn half way through each line before submitting.... nope those ideas probably won't work.

But if you expand it, try putting the paper in the printer sideways

If you want to play it dotted - which is the actual rhythm set by Al - here 'tis:

T:March of the Concertinas

Q:1/4=110

L:1/16

K:G =C =D =E ^F =G =A =B

z3 B A3B |G4 D4 |E3B A3B |G4 D4 |E4 D3C |

B,3D G3A |B4 A3G |A4 (3:2:1A2(3:2:1A2(3:2:1A2 |A3B A3B |G4 D4 |

E3B A3B |G4 B4 |c4 B3A |d4 G4 |B3A G3F |

G4 (3:2:1G2(3:2:1G2(3:2:1G2 |G4 F3G |A4 A4 |B4 B4 |c4 A4 |

F4 D4 |A4 (3:2:1A2(3:2:1A2(3:2:1A2 |B4 G4 |(d8 |d3)B A3B |

G4 D4 |E3B A3B |G4 B4 |c4 B3A |d4 G4 |

B3A G3F |G8 |]

ta!

Just cut 'n paste to the tune a tron box - edit the T: field in there and submit

Try printing landscape - you can make it bigger without losing bits ... or make the lines shorter, just hit reurn half way through each line before submitting.... nope those ideas probably won't work.

But if you expand it, try putting the paper in the printer sideways

Ta Chris -lscape just forced it to the bottom half of page on printout..weird... will have another go - (three of us miserably failed to decode but now intelligent aliens are on the case....we will win! :D

If you want to play it dotted - which is the actual rhythm set by Al - here 'tis:

T:March of the Concertinas

Q:1/4=110

L:1/16

K:G =C =D =E ^F =G =A =B

z3 B A3B |G4 D4 |E3B A3B |G4 D4 |E4 D3C |

B,3D G3A |B4 A3G |A4 (3:2:1A2(3:2:1A2(3:2:1A2 |A3B A3B |G4 D4 |

E3B A3B |G4 B4 |c4 B3A |d4 G4 |B3A G3F |

G4 (3:2:1G2(3:2:1G2(3:2:1G2 |G4 F3G |A4 A4 |B4 B4 |c4 A4 |

F4 D4 |A4 (3:2:1A2(3:2:1A2(3:2:1A2 |B4 G4 |(d8 |d3)B A3B |

G4 D4 |E3B A3B |G4 B4 |c4 B3A |d4 G4 |

B3A G3F |G8 |]

righteeho - ta = trying that too.. quivers full of quavers quivering everywhere... i hope me fluteplayer don;t say "I got no low CB!" But I'll have to do a transpose op. on 'im.

Edited by Kautilya

I have been playing only since Christmas and I am having a small fingering problem with this. Its in the first phrase where it goes E D C B E.

I am looking for some advice on how to do this correctly - efficiently - etc.

I have tried crossing to the C line for the E and then staying on the C line for the D C B coming back to the E again and I have also tried playing the E on the C line and then coming back to the G Line for the D C B and then back for the E again.

Neither of these seems to flow and i could do with some advice as to which way to go to get it to flow.

I have a 20 key C/G Lachenal.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

David