4 replies to this topic

#1 peterhurst

peterhurst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 06:52 PM

Hello again, just realised that pictures can be posted, can anyone run through the procedure for me, my computer skills are not very good.

Have to say ..what a excellent new forum. Well done Paul.

#2 Paul

Paul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 07:40 PM

Thanks for the feedback -- glad you like the new system. To embed a photo you have to have the image already hosted on some web server somewhere, then you just use the "IMG" button when you create your posting and insert the web address of the image file.

Paul

#3 JimLucas

JimLucas

Ineluctable Opinionmaker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10128 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 11:38 PM

In other words, one doesn't download the image to Concertina.net, but only provide the link to an image already located elsewhere, yes?

#4 Paul Schwartz

Paul Schwartz

Chatty concertinist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 07:14 AM

In other words, one doesn't download the image to Concertina.net, but only provide the link to an image already located elsewhere, yes?

That's right Jim. There is a file upload feature of this system that I'm testing, but I need to be careful otherwise file/image uploads can easily eat away at my server space allotment pretty quickly! If I can effectively limit the size and number of attachments, I'll certainly enable it.

Paul

#5 Paul Schwartz

Paul Schwartz

Chatty concertinist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 02:44 PM

Image attachments/uploads are now enabled! See the announcement in the Official News forum.

Enjoy!!

Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users