Irish Washwoman Song

darticus

Thought this might be a good song for both hands for the beginner. Looking for the right and left hand parts. Thought maybe someone has it to share showing right and left parts. I can read music but easier the better. Thanks Ron

Thought this might be a good song for both hands for the beginner. Looking for the right and left hand parts. Thought maybe someone has it to share showing right and left parts. I can read music but easier the better. Thanks Ron

Go to:

https://thesession.org/tunes/92

You'll find 16 (ABC) versions of the tune there, plus some discussion - not all of it 'pro'.

I don't think concertinas were mentioned though...

R

Go to:

https://thesession.org/tunes/92

You'll find 16 (ABC) versions of the tune there, plus some discussion - not all of it 'pro'.

I don't think concertinas were mentioned though...

R

Thanks very much will check out. Ron

Are you playing a Duet? The versions of tunes on thession.org are single-line melodies, there won't be a bass part.

I found that out. Using an anglo, so I'll have to do the melody on right and some stuff on the left to match. Thanks Ron

Here's a version that can be played with six buttons on only one row, and is a good exercise for learning to play Anglo with lots of bellows reversals.

As written, it gives the left hand a good workout but you can also play the A-part an octave higher on the right hand, or play both together in octaves. Or make up harmonies since anything along the same row will probably sound pretty good.

It's easy to play on either the G-row or the C-row, but I wouldn't recommend trying to play the same pattern on the top row of a 30-button Anglo unless you're really into avant garde experimentation.

Gary

31-IrishWasherwoman-C-ANGLO-123.pdf

Edited by gcoover

Here's a version that can be played with six buttons on only one row, and is a good exercise for learning to play Anglo with lots of bellows reversals.

As written, it gives the left hand a good workout but you can also play the A-part an octave higher on the right hand, or play both together in octaves. Or make up harmonies since anything along the same row will probably sound pretty good.

It's easy to play on either the G-row or the C-row, but I wouldn't recommend trying it on the top row of a 30-button Anglo unless you're really into avant garde experimentation.

Gary

Thanks very much will try. Ron