Beautiful Bellows Papers from Dave Elliott

Just finished a Linota restoration and Dave Elliott's new daisy patterns arrived just in time to put the frosting on...well, the Linota!

I have another bellows project next week and I'll be using Dave's Lachenal L pattern.

I really like these papers. They look gorgeous and are printed on quality stock. In fact once or twice papers went on a bit crooked and with Dave;s papers I was able to carefully lift and reposition the paper. Wonderful.

Dave also has gold stars on black available.

Greg

BTW I made the new bellows. Many thanks to concertina maker Wally Carroll, friend, mentor and northern Kentucky neighbor who has aided and abetted my repair career.

Edited by Greg Jowaisas

I have another bellows project next week and I'll be using Dave's Lachenal L pattern.

I really like these papers. They look gorgeous and are printed on quality stock. In fact once or twice papers went on a bit crooked and with Dave;s papers I was able to carefully lift and reposition the paper. Wonderful.

Mine! Can't wait. But the Linota papers are really nice, as well.

That is my Linota in the pictures.

Greg had to pull an all nighter to get it finished in time for my trip to Noel Hill's Ireland class.

The concertina should arrive here in a few more hours.

I'll eventually post some comments on the history of the instrument and how well Greg's restoration came out.

But it looks beautiful in the pics!

Thanks Greg!

Thanks Greg.

you make my humble efforts look worthwhile.

I take delivery of the Wheatstone gold daisy on white this week, which is the other classic Wheatstone' top of market' bellows dressing design. We are also conducting printing trials of the Jeffries paper, the very fine cross hatching which most modern reproductions blur or fudge is proving a bit of a problem - to get as closely defined as I would like, but we are nearly there. I think my printer chap thinks that I am being too perfectionist, but he likes the pay, and he is good, very good

Once the Jeffries are cracked I shall go to the Victorian green /black/gold 'fancy. we have the gold 'dot and cross' on both black and white backgrounds.

The secret of the black background is to not to print the black, and to treat the black stock before applying the gold so that glue smears do not spoil the paper.

cheers

Dave

Thanks Greg.

you make my humble efforts look worthwhile.

I take delivery of the Wheatstone gold daisy on white this week, which is the other classic Wheatstone' top of market' bellows dressing design. We are also conducting printing trials of the Jeffries paper, the very fine cross hatching which most modern reproductions blur or fudge is proving a bit of a problem - to get as closely defined as I would like, but we are nearly there. I think my printer chap thinks that I am being too perfectionist, but he likes the pay, and he is good, very good

Once the Jeffries are cracked I shall go to the Victorian green /black/gold 'fancy. we have the gold 'dot and cross' on both black and white backgrounds.

The secret of the black background is to not to print the black, and to treat the black stock before applying the gold so that glue smears do not spoil the paper.

cheers

Dave

for general information

I can confirm that the gold daisy on white is now available, the other classic Wheatstone design variation.

Dave