Concertina part-playing session @ Tenterden Folk Festival, UK

Spare Parts Concertina Band (just Bryan Creer and me on this occasion) are running a part-playing session for concertinas at the Tenterden Folk Festival, Kent, UK (http://www.tenterdentown.co.uk/what-s-on/folk-festival/) on Sunday 2nd. October from 3.30 - 5.00 p.m. in the White Lion Saddlery. (What does a lion of any colour want with a saddle, you may well ask.) Admission is £3 on the door.

Bryan has put the music on the band website at (http://www.sparepartsband.co.uk/SPTunes.php) in midi (three speeds) and pdf form. Feel free to try the tunes even if you aren't coming to the session. They are in three parts:

The Sweep's Hornpipe

Jack Come Kiss Me Now

Bloody Fields of Flanders (the tune of Hamish Henderson's Freedom Come-All-Ye)

We're also running an English tunes session in the White Lion bar that day from 11.00 a.m. until 2.00 p.m. with a guest appearance from Nick & Mary Barber.

I think we'll be there Valmai, it may just be me though because Sal hasn't picked a 'tina up for months as she's too obsessed with the violin. :rolleyes:

Well, I expect we could allow a fiddle for the pleasure of your company. Melody instruments would be fine; we do need to avoid anything with oven-ready chords, though.

I thought your cat pictures on Facebook were splendid. You can feel the texture of the fur.

I think it safe to say that the session was compact and bijou, but very pleasurable for all of that and it allowed us to focus on the finer points of the tunes. I got to play Valmai's 64 key baritone/treble Æola for much of the time which was a lot of fun.

I did offer her £10 for the old antique but she seemed somewhat reluctant to part with it. I'll only offer her £8 next time!