Piaf Repertoire

I had a couple of good gigs this weekend. Always a nice feeling.

I have a good 30-45 minutes (depending on how long I stretch out the songs) of the music of Edith Piaf. For me she was an epitome of a style of music I try to somehow emulate in my playing. Her performances are still captured in recordings and on YouTube. I've posted a couple of her tunes on Cnet arranged for EC but my favorite is here. This is a former trio I had called the Rodger French Trio.

During my gig yesterday I played Non je non regrette rien after which a young woman asked what that was. I asked her if she ever heard of Edith Piaf and she said no but immediately googled her from her smart phone and listened to her singing the same song and a couple of others. It was great to watch the delight of a young person discovering a whole new genre of music and the performances of Piaf.

Just saying....

rss

Edited by Randy Stein

that is lovely, both the story and the playing. there is an old LP obtainable out there by the chromatic accordion maestro emil prudhomme, titled "Accordion a la Piaf." (Funnily, the title is in French, but the instrument is spelled English style with an "I.") Lovely musette instrumental arrangements of Piaf chansons . . . I see a couple on Ebay, my links won't copy on the computer I'm on . . .I don't use the player's name to Google it bc spellings vary . . .