Forums Upgraded

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean it's asking you to sign in again? Is it remembering your name and just asking for your password, or is it not remembering your login name either? Let me know and I'll try to find out the reason...
For me it asks for screen name and password. Not a complaint just feedback.

Same here. Like I'm a complete stranger (using my home computer).

You mean it's asking you to sign in again? Is it remembering your name and just asking for your password, or is it not remembering your login name either? Let me know and I'll try to find out the reason...
For me it asks for screen name and password.
Same here. Like I'm a complete stranger (using my home computer).

In my case, it remembered my name and only asked for the password, so I think that incident can be ignored. For me it was working correctly.

Hi

The system recognises my computer and says 'welcome back' but more often than not it doesn't recognise the last log on or keep me logged on and doesn't seem to remember my name and password even when I tick the box. I accept that it's no big deal and I can keep signing on. I hope the feedback that you receive helps to resolve the issue.

still a great forum tho'

chris

There appears to have been a number of changes to how photos are stored and organized, and also to the whole user profile system; again, to make it better suited to the suite of offerings which now go beyond a straight forums system, and also to keep it up to date with other community systems out there (the movement towards "friends" and not just contact lists).

Say, what is the significance and funciton of the "friends" list?

Couple days ago I got a message that someone had added me as a "friend." I was flattered, but ... ?

I opened the po-up list of friends, saw nothing. So later on, I added him as MY friend. Now I see him on the list.

However, there's a separate list tab for "mutual friends", which seem to be the same as plain friends, if you want to see a list. Well, maybe MY friends list means people I've addded as friends, not nec'ly those who have added me as one. OK ...

But what does this do? So far I can see which of my friends are logged in.

Can we exchange Instant Messages or "chat" liek the teenage features on AOL (that I haven't used in years, but might be nice here)?

Is there a Help tutorial where all this is explained, or is this feature still evolving, and not yet under Intelligent Design ;)

I do appreciate this bull board, Paul. Keep up the good work. --Mike K.

I must admit to being puzzled by this. I got an email saying

tallship has successfully added you to their friends list.

Manage your friends:

and a URL.

I have to admit I've spent a lifetime trying, and failing, to manage my friends. If c.net can at last enable me to do this , well, what can I say?

Chris

PS Thanks tallship!

I have to admit I've spent a lifetime trying, and failing, to manage my friends. If c.net can at last enable me to do this , well, what can I say?

Chris

Maybe the next release of InVision software will allow us to manage our relatives.

Then, by combining the two versions, the next Release will let us manage our spouses!

("if your relatives are God's fault, and your friends are your own darn fault, what is your spouse?")

And top-quality tinas will sell at the local shop for $100. Etc. :lol: --Mike K.

Edited by ragtimer

What has happened to the little yellow squares on the "view new posts" page that indicate (and provide a link to) unread posts in a particular thread? I've logged on twice today (first times in a week) and they are nowhere to be found.

Glad it's not just me. Thought I had changed a setting or something when they disappeared

What has happened to the little yellow squares on the "view new posts" page that indicate (and provide a link to) unread posts in a particular thread? I've logged on twice today (first times in a week) and they are nowhere to be found.

Glad it's not just me. Thought I had changed a setting or something when they disappeared

Today there's more surprises. The yellow squares are still missing. But there's also this:

I logged on a total of 3 times yesterday. The first time (which was the first since October 6) the system remembered me and my PIN. The two latter times (and today) I had to log in from scratch. But when I finally reach the front "forums" page, I am greeted with this message:

Welcome back; your last visit was: Oct 6 2007, 07:52 AM

In the past, if I logged off (not by clicking "log off" but by closing the browser window or by crashing my system) for a brief period and returned, the "last visit" would remain unchanged, but this is the first time it has remained unchanged overnight. Am I doomed to remain stuck in time, à la "Groundhog Day"?