Wheatsone Jeffries Duet On Ebay

cherrygsc

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I have missed it, but is there a reference to concertinas in Hamlet or Shakespeare in general?  :D  :blink:  :P

And I just found a C.net reference to one in Twelfth Night:

Last night my daughter and I watched a video of Twelfth Night (with Helen Bonham Carter as Olivia and Ben Kingsley as Feste). Throughout the movie, a concertina showed up from time to time, first on board the ship, "played" by one of the twins, then on land, "played" by Feste. The soundtrack also had lots of concertina. The concertina looked to my inexperienced eyes like a Lachenal (English).

Tony,

In case you have forgotten, this forum is for the discussion of matters relating to the concertina, and your petty sniping is growing tiresome. :rolleyes:

Please don't bother to reply, as you are now the only member on my "ignored" list, so I no longer have to read your posts. :D

Would you be so kind as to do the same for me ? :)

Edited by Stephen Chambers

Tony,

In case you have forgotten, this forum is for the discussion of matters relating to the concertina, and your petty sniping is growing tiresome.  :rolleyes:

Please don't bother to reply, as you are now the only member on my "ignored" list, so I no longer have to read your posts.  :D

Would you be so kind as to do the same for me ?  :)

Splendid, perhaps now we can get on with discussing concertinas.

Mind you, I was going to ask him if, with his vast knowledge, he could enlighten us as to the origin of this quotation:

"The fool who knows of his ignorance, indeed, through that very consideration becomes a wise man. But that conceited fool who considers himself learned is, in fact, called a fool."

OK folks, it really is time to discuss concertinas and not impressions of one another, whether intended as funny or not. Everybody back to the playground, the school teacher has spoken.