8/15 Noel Hill Show In Southern California

Irish Concertina soul man Noel Hill will do one show in the greater Los Angeles area this August. Noel's much-vaunted technical wizardry is equaled and perhaps surpassed by his relentless swing, and his expressive affinity with the emotional heart of the Irish traditional repertoire, from ferocious reels to achy, lonesome slow airs. And sometimes you also get to see him burn the barn on a tiny miniature concertina.

Noel Hill

Matinee Performance

3PM Saturday, August 15, 2015

The Coffee Gallery, Altadena (near Pasadena)

Reservations at this venue are handled by phone:

626-798-6236, 10AM to 10PM

They have a calendar with event descriptions, but the link will not paste here, go to Google. I am not PR or booker for this, just getting out the word.

Postscript: I did not mean to post this in "Teaching and Learning," but I don't know how to move it--moderators, feel free. There is no class or workshop with this show, it's just a concert listing.

Edited by ceemonster

Irish Concertina soul man Noel Hill will do one show in the greater Los Angeles area this August. Noel's much-vaunted technical wizardry is equaled and perhaps surpassed by his relentless swing, and his expressive affinity with the emotional heart of the Irish traditional repertoire, from ferocious reels to achy, lonesome slow airs. And sometimes you also get to see him burn the barn on a tiny miniature concertina.

Noel Hill

Matinee Performance

3PM Saturday, August 15, 2015

The Coffee Gallery, Altadena (near Pasadena)

Reservations at this venue are handled by phone:

626-798-6236, 10AM to 10PM

They have a calendar with event descriptions, but the link will not paste here, go to Google. I am not PR or booker for this, just getting out the word.

Try this link. You'll have to scroll down (or search the page for "Noel Hill"), but the listing is there. Looks like some other interesting stuff, too. Unfortunately, I'm many thousand miles away, which is a bit too far to commute.

Topic moved to announcements.

You know, I grew up in Altadena, and still visit my mother there (my junior high school is across the street from this venue)...and I've never made it to the the Coffee Gallery, which has been open several years, for a show! (I have had coffee there.) The acts are booked by someone one of my relatives knows, and I hear they do a good job. One of these days.... Have fun,

Ken