Member Location On Posts

I'd second that, and stop anyone else joining at all without specifying a location, for that matter.

I do hope that the Profile editor still has input fields for that information. I note that "Location" and "Interests" are displayed in the Profiles of the "older" members I've checked, but new Profiles (since the upgrade) don't even show those labels, though they do show the "Gender" label, even if what follows is blank. I can still edit those fields in my own Profile, but of course I have no way of checking what others see.

Saying which country you are...

No man is an island.

But a country... maybe. ;)

Thirded (3rded?) - it's often handy to know where someone is from when enetering into discussion, because there's little point in suggesting a repairer in the UK if the player is in Australia (and no point in suggesting a mid-week session in Cornwall if the player is in Inverness).

It's a minor point in the overall scheme of things, but if it can be easily brought back I'd be a happy and appreciative bunny.

I'll add my voice to the request. Can be helpful when buying and selling as well.

Although, you can put your location in the signature file ...rolleyes.gif ... since I just noticed that I had mine there. Barmaid ...more coffee here!!!!

I can't see a way to enable it right now, but I'll keep checking...

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

I'll add my voice to the request. Can be helpful when buying and selling as well.

Although, you can put your location in the signature file ...rolleyes.gif ... since I just noticed that I had mine there. Barmaid ...more coffee here!!!!

I can't see a way to enable it right now, but I'll keep checking...

I noticed that the IP.Board support forums run by IPS do show location. So the new software does support the function. No help finding where you turn it back on but at least we know the feature is still there.

• 1 year later...

This came to mind today as I was reading posts and found myself wondering where the writers were located. I know I can see location information in profiles (if it's been provided by the member), but it'd sure be nice if it displayed beside individual posts too. Don't know if it's helpful but I noted the forum software ID, did a little searching and found this. I thought maybe the last item (Topic View Format) suggested there was a field that could be selected to cause the location information to display by the posts.

Just trying to be helpful but I may be way off base here.

I just checked, and I now remember already trying this. I do have the code in there that is supposed to show the info, but it doesn't appear to work.

I put this in (as they say to do) and it still doesn't show up:

<span class='ft'>{title}:</span><span class='fc'>{content}</span>

I'll fool around with it some more...

Paul

Bingo! Found the problem... it's showing up now. Good old Google found someone else with the same problem...

Paul

Thank you Paul,

Thank you Bruce.

Let me add my thanks, too. Well done!

But, Paul, your own location doesn't seem to show up ... How self-effacing of you!:D

Cheers,

John