Tunes From The "dahlhoff" Collection

Wolf Molkentin

Here is my starting a new project, which is in fact a side-project to what others have been doing and setting up over the last years.

As for me, Michael Möllers (fiddler extraordinaire from Hannover, Germany) brought me into touch with this newly discovered great collection of dance tunes - an entire world of, say, people's Baroque tunes, apparently focussing on Northern German traditions, all very playful...

I was hooked immediately - a treasure for everyone who wants to expand his or her repertoiire...

My starting point for today (while still recovering from a bad flu and thus not fully content with the result):

Junge Printz Von Frisland - Englisch Offeria

Hope some will like this stuff! To be continued...

Best wishes - Wolf

edited to add the PDF pages: 113, 114

Edited by blue eyed sailor

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for listening and commenting, Robin! I'm very glad you like my takes.

As to the sheet music, I might not be allowed to provide transcriptions by third parties (I'll check that) but will be very happy to post copies of the recorded tunes as written down in original manuscripts (a large file which should be available for the public but actually isn't) in any event.

New recordings (and dots) are soon to follow (now, that I concluded my TOTM attemtps)...

Best wishes - Wolf

Hi all,

The Dahlhoff collection is available online, but it is a bit difficult to find. For your convenience, I’ll insert a link to a copy on my google drive account. It consists of 10 Bücher (e.g. volumes) in one pdf file, some 1370 pages and 241 Mb: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6J1H4gAmvwLR2dfTVVkV3FWQTg/view?usp=sharing.

I was also given a transcription of the first Buch, made by Jan Kristof Schliep, for further dispersal (6 Mb): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6J1H4gAmvwLR2dfTVVkV3FWQTg/view?usp=sharing.

I was given these copies for publication on our website, the Lusthof der Muziek (Garden of Musical Delights, http://lusthof-der-muziek.blogspot.nl/), but I never got around to that. On the Lusthof, there are several transcriptions (pdf, abc, musicxml, mp3) of manuscripts with very similar repertoire, such as Starkenborgh and Kloeckhoff.

Hope this helps,

Mark

(Edited typo.)

Edited by MarkvN

Hi Mark,

I wasn't able to download the PDF from the public library source some weeks ago (there appeared to be sort of a malfunction) and got it privately (but also not restricted as to using it) though dropbox. Thank you for providing it for everyone interested here, I will then just point to the PDF page numbers.

Best wishes - Wolf

P.S.: The "Lusthof" has already been a terrific ressource for me... :)

So here'e the next couple of tunes, two Minuets:

1,119 + 1,65 "Laschene"

Please comment...

Best wishes - Wolf

P.S.: The omission of repeating each B section of "Laschene" as written down in the manuscript just happened; one thing which may be subject to change in the next take... :)

PDF page numbers: 125 - 71

Edited by blue eyed sailor

I downloaded the Dahlhoff collection some time ago. I wonder: Is there anywhere a central point of information about the collection? Something like www.dahlhoff.net where abc transcriptions of the tunes are offered and biographical and paleographic information is collected? Until now I know only about dispersed bits here and there.

Hi Sebastian,

there is a dropbox group and folder with some further information. If you PM me and give me your eMail adress, I will forward it for an invitation of your person if you like.

Best wishes - Wolf