Gb Hohner Melodion

Alan Day

BC (modified posting see discussion) Double Ray Hohner Melodion with 12 base (Same note in and out)

Air button sticking a bit but I could do that if required,but in good working order.

A reasonable offer would be considered but carriage would be extra.

Situated Horley Surrey England

Regards

Alan Day

Edited by Alan Day

It`s a two row Jeff, top row G (Centre button )on the pull is A, bottom row B (centre button)on the pull is A#.

It has got to be for Irish music but I have never seen one like this.

It was sold originally by Bell Accordions of Surbiton.Usual Red finish,Black keyboard and white buttons.Good bellows.

Al

Edited by Alan Day

Alan,

If the 5th button from your chin is G push:A pull as you describe, then it is a B/C box.

On a Hohner 2 row the key of each row is defined by the push note on the button 6th from the chin.

Certainly a popular fingering system used today for Irish style playing, though there are many who would contend that it was not the designer's original intention.... :blink:

Hope this helps. I'm sure there would be more people interested in acquiring a B/C than a B/G :D

Regards

Malcolm

(Concertina & Melodeon Repairer)

Thanks for the advice Malcolm,

You are right the top row is C, the bottom row is B, 6th button down from my chin.

I also have a one row Regal (Brass reeded) melodion which would be ideal for spares or possibly repaired.Small offers (postage extra)

Many thanks

Al

Edited by Alan Day