Modern Song Help?

Shandy Andy

So I'm really new to this concertina but really have enjoyed playing through the Easy Anglo 1-2-3 book.

I can read the tabs pretty well which is great since I can not really read music otherwise. The tabs makes sense to me. Reading music, not so much :(

So my questions is I need to learn AC/DC Back in Black Intro bars (the beginning 4 bars that repeat a bunch). I'm playing on a C/G 20 button Anglo. And I'm pretty sure that song is written in the key of E after researching it. Does anyone know a website or place that can help me get those 4 bars into tab form for the Anglo I'm using? I know nothing about how to transpose or anything like that. Just need those 4 bars nothing else.

Any thoughts or help for this newbie would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Hey Andy, you've got really big ambitions for the 20-button Anglo... hope you're good at "making do"!

The first three chords in the original song are E, D & A. On the left side you've got two notes of the E chord (4,9 PUSH), maybe only play two notes of the D chord (3,8 PULL), and then one octave of the A chord (6,8 PULL) or only one note on the push (4 PUSH).

If you want to transpose it up a few steps you can play G (8,9,10 PUSH), F (4,5,9 PULL) and C (3,4,5 PUSH).

As for the fancy guitar lick, a quick guess (in the original key) would be something like 9-8-8-8-8-4-3 (showing the pull notes as underlined). I know, pretty lame. That's probably why Angus Young doesn't play concertina on that song!

Gary

Edited by gcoover

Hey Andy, you've got really big ambitions for the 20-button Anglo... hope you're good at "making do"!

The first three chords in the original song are E, D & A. On the left side you've got two notes of the E chord (4,9 PUSH), maybe only play two notes of the D chord (3,8 PULL), and then one octave of the A chord (6,8 PULL) or only one note on the push (4 PUSH).

If you want to transpose it up a few steps you can play G (8,9,10 PUSH), F (4,5,9 PULL) and C (3,4,5 PUSH).

As for the fancy guitar lick, a quick guess (in the original key) would be something like 9-8-8-8-8-4-3 (showing the pull notes as underlined). I know, pretty lame. That's probably why Angus Young doesn't play concertina on that song!

Gary

Wow thanks so much for the help on this! I'm laughing at the thought of Angus rocking out on a Concertina instead :)

Thanks again!

Andy

Stefan from this forum (otherwise known as Musik Boehmer and his Concertina from Hell), does a mean version of "Highway to Hell" on duet concertina with electronics. He really has you thinking you're with Angus back in the 1980's! I'm sure if you wrote to him, he'd explain the ins and outs of the devices he uses.

Adrian