Northeast Concertina Workshop 14 April 2012

Registration for the 2012 Northeast Concertina Workshop, in Greenfield, Massachusetts, USA, is up and running. This year's staff: Claire Keville, Mary MacNamara, and Christian "Junior" Stevens teaching Irish-style Anglo; Jody Kruskal, English-style Anglo; Aaron Marcus, Hayden Duet; Jeff Warner & Jan Elliott, English. See the Button Box website at http://www.buttonbox.com/NCW.html for class descriptions, online registration, cost, and other relevant information.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I registered today, yeah!

Does anyone have any suggestion of a nice hotel/motel in the area, and/or would anyone like to share a room for friday night and saturday night? I know there's a list of accommodations on the website but I'd rather go at a suggested place!

EDIT: Ah well, I remembered I stayed at the Red Roof Inn in South Deerfield a few years back... I made the reservation there for two nights.

Edited by Azalin

I registered today, yeah!

Does anyone have any suggestion of a nice hotel/motel in the area, and/or would anyone like to share a room for friday night and saturday night? I know there's a list of accommodations on the website but I'd rather go at a suggested place!

EDIT: Ah well, I remembered I stayed at the Red Roof Inn in South Deerfield a few years back... I made the reservation there for two nights.

So far as we call tell--that's we as in The Button Box--the Red Roof in Deerfield is the most economical place to stay, and it's easy to get from there to Four Rivers (the workshop site), which is one exit north on I-91. There are a couple of chain motels closer, but they're pricier.

If you want a little more luxury, the Brandt House in Greenfield is within walking distance of the evening concert and still has a couple of rooms open; you can see the rooms and rates online. West Winds is another nearby B&B; don't know what their rates are like or what they have available. It's a bit out in the country, but quite close to the workshop--under 10 minutes by car, I think. The House on the Hill is a little further out, but the rates are on the low side for a nice B&B. Rates are visible online but not availability.

We'll see you in April.

Becky