Two Restored 20 Button Anglo's For Sale

hielandman

Hello All,

I have for sale two 20 Button Anglo Concertina's, one recently restored, the other just back, from Greg Jowaisas's workshop in Kentucky. They are:

20 button Lachenal concertina in C/G , steel reeds, modern concert pitch, in very good shape, serial number 178625. It was in very nice original shape, (the nicest and cleanest reeds I have ever seen on an old concertina) but I sent it to do some tuning, and has since come back from North America’s premier concertina repair man not only tuned, but with a very nice five fold JEFFRIES bellows(much nicer and sturdier that the original Lach. Bellows), with black and gold Wheatstone papers, which are very striking. It also has all new pads, valves, and hand straps. It is a nice player and is very airtight. And of course, that traditional concertina sound! $600.00 post paid in the USA, $50.00 to ship overseas.

Comes with an economy gigbag. If interested, send me a PM, thanks,

20 button Crabbconcertina in C/G , steel reeds, modern concert pitch, in very good shape, serial number 37xxx(built 1937). It has bushed metal buttons, Lachenal Style fretwork, five fold bellows(airtight)Recently back from America’s premier concertina repairman ,not only tuned, but with all new pads, valves, and handstraps. Riveted action, a very fast and nice player. Though not as loud as a Lachenal, it lacks the clattering typical of many Lachenals. And of course, it has that traditional concertina sound! $650.00 USD, Postpaid in the USA, $50.00 to ship overseas. Comes with an economy gigbag. If interested, send me a PM, thanks,

Don

And of course, should a sale occur, the appropriate donation to this site will be made.

Edited by hielandman

Hello All,

I would like to notify any interested parties that the Crabb Concertina is now on hold, and not presently for sale, as I have a buyer, thanks for your interest. However, the Lachenal is still here, and anyone considering buying a 20 button instrument would not go wrong with this one, as it is in very good condition and plays and sounds rather nice! It would be a better investment for someone thinking about buying a Stagi, besides being much faster playing, louder, and having the real concertina sound. Just something to think about! Thanks ,

Don

• 3 months later...

I purchased the wonderful C/G Crabb 20 button 'tina above with soft gig case. Sadly, I must part with it. It was an is an awesome, awesome 'tina. I am passing it along for same great price and will donate to site.

Regards!

Sean

PS oh, i will be back to another 'tina when the devil's not at my door...