French Tune book from 1929

Gary Chapin

I see that the charity incorporatd Creative Commons 2009 accounts (latest available) show it spent US$2.1 million on staff and staff benefits, derived from donor income of between US7-5 million and total running costs were US3.6m

UK Charity Commissioner guidelines used to be that around 10% should be the target for running costs of a charity.

http://ibiblio.org/cccr/docs/audit.pdf

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is an interesting double page spread today about the big copyright picture and law suits going on in (and outside)the US, with a few para about the little creators (such as our peformers,writers, composers and researchers!).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/apr/18/online-copyright-war-internet-hit-back?INTCMP=SRCH

next to is a piece about patent infringement but it is the section about lawyers suing small firms which is of concern.

This is like the thousands of threatening letters sent to individuals by a UK firm of lawyers,accuseing them of downloading copryight material from the web (which in the UK is still illegal without permissions) and demanding compensation payments.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/apr/18/patent-lawsuits-big-small?INTCMP=SRCH

And there is the current case about extradition of a young fellow in the UK to the US for posting links to other websites where people could then download copyrighted material.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/apr/18/richard-odwyer-extradition-piracy-charges?INTCMP=SRCH

Edited by Kautilya

Abc update - the tunes are going fine, I'm up to date with Gary's posts.

The song words ... well to be honest they don't interest me, so I'm seriously behind ... well actually I haven't STARTED transcribing them.

So if someone is interested in them enough to type them out, drop me a PM or a message here and we'll get some kind of effort-merging going.

Also .. does anyone know how, in standard abc (e.g. readable by abcm2ps, renderable by abcm2ps-using packages like Easyabc and Abc Navigator etc.) you would do the dotted bar marking under FIN at the start of the 4th line of Le Chant des Auvergnats, page 16? http://accordeonaire.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/la-bourree-part-5.html

I shall be highly embarrassed, of course, if someone answers with a link to the relevant section of my own tutorial! ohmy.gif

Use

.|

for a dotted bar line according to Guido Gonzato's AbcPlus manual. In EasyABC it does not show on the page, but does show in the pdf created. I'll be dropping Jef a note about that.

In re those words Steve: I volunteered, and still could do it, but since I have NO knowledge of the language It is probably better to find someone else who can break things into syllables as needed. I'd still be willing, but I'm afraid the results might be quite laughable.

Use

.|

for a dotted bar line according to Guido Gonzato's AbcPlus manual. In EasyABC it does not show on the page, but does show in the pdf created. I'll be dropping Jef a note about that.

Ah, fair enough, thanks.

Thanks also for the offer re: the words - I would have thought that a straight transcription into a text file would do the job so that the words were available either as a separate file, or attached to the abcs as W: fields.

So ... I'll get all the tunes into abc. The words I leave to you, and/or anyone else who wants to pitch in on those.

Once we've got to the end of the book, and have some clarification of the copyright status, we can re-assess options then.

Use

.|

I only came on here for a bit of a mooch around and now I've been and gone and learned something. :o ABC Explorer displays .| as three vertical dashes, I'll generate a PDF later and see what it does with that.

Use

.|

I only came on here for a bit of a mooch around and now I've been and gone and learned something. :o ABC Explorer displays .| as three vertical dashes, I'll generate a PDF later and see what it does with that.

About time I taught you something. It usually goes the other way. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...