Something For The Weekend?

Pete Dunk

smile.gif getting away from the drink .... smiley-eatdrink007.gif ....

there's a lovely lilting mazurka,"Pauline", gif attached, composed by Eric Theze, which is becoming popular in the local sessions.

Sounds great on concertina, especially if there are mandolin and guitar players in the session to ripple through the chords biggrin.gif

is

post-1957-0-76682600-1339796351_thumb.gif

• 2 weeks later...

smile.gif getting away from the drink .... smiley-eatdrink007.gif ....

there's a lovely lilting mazurka,"Pauline", gif attached, composed by Eric Theze, which is becoming popular in the local sessions.

Sounds great on concertina, especially if there are mandolin and guitar players in the session to ripple through the chords biggrin.gif

is

Anlej - is there an ABC of that please? I sent Pauline de Snoo, editir of the ICA mag, the link but she is having trouble getting it to print or whatever. From ABC I can send her a pdf

tksz

Anlej - is there an ABC of that please? I sent Pauline de Snoo, editir of the ICA mag, the link but she is having trouble getting it to print or whatever. From ABC I can send her a pdf

tksz

smile.gif not come across an ABC but this link should go to Eric Theze's page with the score, I ended up copying it out longhand on manuscript paper (no printer) and have spent this morning writing out the chord progressions, (again longhand on bits of paper) with title and Eric Theze's name on so everyone knows it's his composition, as the guitarists and mandolin players in the sessions have fallen for the tune too biggrin.gif

Eric Theze is the headmaster of an Art School as well as a bandoneon player and pianist, If it's going in the ICA magazine then this LInks page should help with contacting him for permissions biggrin.gif

Edited by anlej

Here's abc I've transcribed from the gif.

Page Layout

%

%%pageheight 11in

%%pagewidth 8.5in

%%topmargin 1in

%%botmargin 1in

%%leftmargin .75in

%%rightmargin .75in

% Fonts

%%titlefont Times-Bold 32

%%subtitlefont Times-Bold 24

%%composerfont Times-Italics 16

%%titleformat T0, T0, C1, S-1 R1, N0, P-1

%

%scale 1

X:1

T:Pauline mazurka

K:Dm

M:3/4

C: Erik Theze

L:1/8

|:F>E|"D-"D>^C D>E F>G|"A"A>^G A>=B ^c>A|"Bb"d2 f>e d>c |A6|

"C"G>E E>F G2|"A"B2 A2 F2|"D-"F2 F>E F>G|"A" F>E|

|F>E|"D-"D>^C D>E F>G|"A7"A>^G A>=B ^c>A|"Bb"d2 f>e d>c |"F"A6|

"C"G>E E>F G2|"A"B2 A2 F2|"D-"D6|D6:|

|:"Bb"F2 D>E F>G| "C11"F2 E4|"F"c2 cd c>A|"Dm"F6|

"Bb"F2 D>E F>G| "C11"F2 E7/2 F/2| D6|D6:|

Here's abc I've transcribed from the gif.

Page Layout

%

%%pageheight 11in

%%pagewidth 8.5in

%%topmargin 1in

%%botmargin 1in

%%leftmargin .75in

%%rightmargin .75in

% Fonts

%%titlefont Times-Bold 32

%%subtitlefont Times-Bold 24

%%composerfont Times-Italics 16

%%titleformat T0, T0, C1, S-1 R1, N0, P-1

%

%scale 1

|:F>E|"D-"D>^C D>E F>G|"A"A>^G A>=B ^c>A|"Bb"d2 f>e d>c |A6|

"C"G>E E>F G2|"A"B2 A2 F2|"D-"F2 F>E F>G|"A" F>E|

|F>E|"D-"D>^C D>E F>G|"A7"A>^G A>=B ^c>A|"Bb"d2 f>e d>c |"F"A6|

"C"G>E E>F G2|"A"B2 A2 F2|"D-"D6|D6:|

"Bb"F2 D>E F>G| "C11"F2 E7/2 F/2| D6|D6:|

Thanks to Larry for taking the time to do the abc. I fixed a couple of little errors, and added an ending to make the meter work correctly throughout. And I changed the D- to Dm for those of us who still think that way :rolleyes:

F>E|:"Dm"D>^C D>E F>G|"A"A>^G A>=B ^c>A|"Bb"d2 f>e d>c |A6|

"C"G>E E>F G2|"A"B2 A2 G2|"Dm"F2 F>E F>G|"A" E4F>E|

"Dm"D>^C D>E F>G|"A7"A>^G A>=B ^c>A|"Bb"d2 f>e d>c |"F"A6|

"C"G>E E>F G2|"A"B2 A2 F2|"Dm"D6-|D6:|

"Bb"F2 D>E F>G| "C11"F2 E7/2 F/2|[1"Dm"D6-|D6:|[2"Dm" D6-|D4|]

Edited to fix one error

Enjoy

Edited by cboody

Thanks for the hard work smile.gif

one small query .... should the 6th bar from the repeat at the start be B2 A2 G2 rather than B2 A2 F2 ? (I've just looked at the abc to pdf in a converter and it didn't match the original score) but I'm no expert at doing abc's

It was played down the Folk Club again last night, Anglo taking the melody line and 2 guitars, I mandolin and an Autoharp providing the chords biggrin.gif

Edited by anlej

It looks like it might rain and pssibly hail nad thunder too, so here's my current practice set. I've been muddling through LB's number 2 for ages, but someone at the session has added in LB's number 1 and they're a great pair of tunes if you don't mind OD-ing on triplets!

Here's a link to the pair played as part of melodeon nets TOTM to get you interested.

[/url]

and here's some ABC

X: 1

T:Lemmy Brazil's No.1

M:4/4

K:G

|:ef|gd BA GB dg|ed cd e2fe|dg fe dB (3cBA|GB de d2ef|

gd BA GB dg|ed cd e2fe|dg fe dB (3cBA|G2g2g2:|

|:z2| (3BdB G2B4|c2A2cd ef|gg fe dB Gd|e2dB A4|

(3BdB G2B4|c2A2cd ef|gg fe dB (3GAB|[1A2F2G2:|[2A2f2g2

X: 1

T:Lemmy Brazil's No 2

M:4/4

K:D

|:AG|F2A2 (3BcB A2|de fd (3BcB AG|FA dA Bc df|

e2e2e2AG|F2A2 (3BcB A2|de fd (3BcB AG|FA dA Bc df|e2e2d2:|

|:fg|af df af df|de fd (3BcB AG|FA dA Bc df|

e2e2e2fg|af df af df|de fd (3BcB AG|FA dA Bc df|e2e2d2:|

Thanks for the hard work smile.gif

one small query .... should the 6th bar from the repeat at the start be B2 A2 G2 rather than B2 A2 F2 ? (I've just looked at the abc to pdf in a converter and it didn't match the original score) but I'm no expert at doing abc's

It was played down the Folk Club again last night, Anglo taking the melody line and 2 guitars, I mandolin and an Autoharp providing the chords biggrin.gif

Oddly enough the 6th full measure is indeed B2 A2 G2, but the parallel spot 3 bars before the repeat is B2 A2 F2. I fixed my posting of the abc. Thanks for catching this. There are some slight differences in the chords too, but mostly in describing added notes to the chord that are in the melody so I left those as they were. I have a feeling that the page we're working from might have been done quickly by the composer and with not too much attention to detail... Just a feeling YMMV

Edited by cboody

Was not in my mind for the ICA music journal so much but for Pauline herself (gedditt??!! Pauline's Mazurka.....")

Taaaa!

He's written a 'Pauline Polka' too biggrin.gif ... but I haven't found the dots yet

....... There are some slight differences in the chords too, but mostly in describing added notes to the chord that are in the melody so I left those as they were. I have a feeling that the page we're working from might have been done quickly by the composer and with not too much attention to detail...

biggrin.gif the guitarists and mandolin players are taking a similar view, they're using Eric Theze's chords as a base to work from, developing their own harmonies, with each musician playing slightly different but complimentary chords/runs of notes. (the guitars are concert tuned) smile.gif

Edited by anlej

He's written a 'Pauline Polka' too biggrin.gif ... but I haven't found the dots yet

Pauline de Snoo says tku v much everybody (and she is seized of the permissions issue in case she decide to add it to the journal)

What about a Paulka too :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ??

And can you get a Waltz too Anlej - that would just be icing on the cake!

Mind you the peach tart looks suspiciously like the Whitby lass who hangs around outside the Resolution when the Eurosession is on............

It looks like it might rain and pssibly hail nad thunder too, so here's my current practice set. I've been muddling through LB's number 2 for ages, but someone at the session has added in LB's number 1 and they're a great pair of tunes if you don't mind OD-ing on triplets!

Steady on Chris, you're wandering well into one row 4 stop melodeon territory here! G'wan, you know you want one . . .

Steady on Chris, you're wandering well into one row 4 stop melodeon territory here! G'wan, you know you want one . . .

I couldn't get my head round an anglo (that push-pull thing) so I think that I'm immune to the lure of melodeons ... so far!

Seeing as how this great thread has reached 100 tunes (and a couple beyond, but I've been away on holiday) ...

The attached file is all the abcs so far - whenever a new tune got added I've been adding it to my local file, and here we are at 100.

I've changed the extension from abc to txt to get it to post.

I've cut'n'pasted as published, so if anyone wants a Z: field adding to their transcription please let me know. If there have been corrections to the notation along the way I've tried to catch them.

Something For The Weekend thread from CNet.txt

Edited by Steve Mansfield

Seeing as how this great thread has reached 100 tunes (and a couple beyond, but I've been away on holiday) ...

The attached file is all the abcs so far - whenever a new tune got added I've been adding it to my local file, and here we are at 100.

I've cut'n'pasted as published, so if anyone wants a Z: field adding to their transcription please let me know. If there have been corrections to the notation along the way I've tried to catch them.

Blimey, 18 pages and over a hundred tunes in my little thread! It's been great fun though and if you average out tunes per day for the time it's been running it's hardly hectic!

Blimey, 18 pages and over a hundred tunes in my little thread! It's been great fun though and if you average out tunes per day for the time it's been running it's hardly hectic!

Clevah fellahs -- both of you! Tks! :) :)

And this is a v useful tip!

"changed the extension from abc to txt to get it to post."

All we need now, to speed up learning to plough our furrows, is a similar way to trick midis into posting.

Edited by Kautilya

Here's one that's plaiting my head and fingers at the moment ...

X:35

T:La Dégagée

R:Bourrée de trois temps

M:3/8

L:1/16

C:Patrick Bouffard

Z:Steve Mansfield www.lesession.co.uk July 2012

K:G

d2 |: d2 BdBd | d2 BdBd | c2 dcBA | BA GA Bc | d2 BdBd | d2 BdBd |

c2 dcBA |1 G2 - GABc :|2 G4 FG |: AB AG FE | D_E =EF G^G |

AG Ac BA | B2 G2 FG | AB AG FE | D_E =EF G^G | AG Ac BA |1 G4 FG :|2 G4 |]

Edited by Steve Mansfield