Is It Me

I have one or two problems and I’m not sure Why. It may be something I am doing wrong.

1. I have to log in every time I use c.net.

2. When I click on ‘new posts’ and click on the unread icon I am taken to the first entry ( about 11 Nov in many cases) and I have to click back and try again to get to the unread part.

3. When I click on ‘Mark all posts as read’ it seems to work but next time I log on many of the read ones are listed again.

Anyone else have any of these problems or is it just me?

Thanks

I have one or two problems and I’m not sure Why. It may be something I am doing wrong.

2. When I click on ‘new posts’ and click on the unread icon I am taken to the first entry ( about 11 Nov in many cases) and I have to click back and try again to get to the unread part.

3. When I click on ‘Mark all posts as read’ it seems to work but next time I log on many of the read ones are listed again.

Anyone else have any of these problems or is it just me?

Thanks

I often have to log in ... not always though, it seems a bit unpredictable.

I don't mind doing that, but I have an annoying problem with New Posts, I only occasionally get little flags to take you to the newest unread item. This didn't happen immediately after the major upgrade, but a few weeks later.

I've tried clearing old cookies, and this is happening from several machines (work and home) and a selection of OS's (linux and WinXP) and both Firefox and Explorer.

For Internet Explorer: -

Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy, then drag the little bar thingy downwards. See if that helps. If it doesn't, then it must be something else.

I checked this and the setting is as it has always been (Default) so I clicked on the advanced tab and set it to 'prompt' new cookies and when it did 'prompt' I set it to always allow cookies from this web site.

Seems to have worked.

Thanks

For Internet Explorer: -

Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy, then drag the little bar thingy downwards. See if that helps. If it doesn't, then it must be something else.

I checked this and the setting is as it has always been (Default) so I clicked on the advanced tab and set it to 'prompt' new cookies and when it did 'prompt' I set it to always allow cookies from this web site.

Seems to have worked.

Thanks

It didn't work after all. So what now?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Tony........

Me too................I'll follow with interest...Robin

Sell it and get a Mac - you'll never go back.

Welcome to the world of no crashes, no hackers, few patches and fewer problems.

You'll wonder why you didn't do it years ago.

Hey Tony........

Me too................I'll follow with interest...Robin

Sell it and get a Mac - you'll never go back.

Welcome to the world of no crashes, no hackers, few patches and fewer problems.

You'll wonder why you didn't do it years ago.

Well I did consider a Mac when I bought this PC but it wouldn't have made any difference since this is the only web site in which these problems occur.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not just crossed fingers; the log shows the Invision software was updated yesterday, so these bugs from 2.3.2 (which we installed in October) may now be fixed in 2.3.3. No doubt Paul has been busy recently! Back to your concertinas, everyone.

Ken

It's not just crossed fingers; the log shows the Invision software was updated yesterday, so these bugs from 2.3.2 (which we installed in October) may now be fixed in 2.3.3. No doubt Paul has been busy recently! Back to your concertinas, everyone.

Ken

Well it was nice while it lasted but it seems to have reverted back.

FWIW, many of the problems mentioned above have been plaguing me ever since the upgrade a couple of months ago, and I am using a Mac. I have not, however, had trouble with the "Mark all forums as read and return to index" button, which I now have to rely upon as the only way I can keep track of what I've read and what I haven't.