Previous posts by members

When one goes to a profile page (like here) and clicks on the "posts" tab, then only the most recent few posts are displayed.

Would there be a way (on the server side I presume) to increase that count - ideally make it unlimited?

• 2 weeks later...

When one goes to a profile page (like here) and clicks on the "posts" tab, then only the most recent few posts are displayed.

Would there be a way (on the server side I presume) to increase that count - ideally make it unlimited?

A work around is using the search function at the upper right of the page:

The trick is in the little grey wheel right from the green magnifying glass. Clicking that one gives you the screen for all the search options you want.

• Copy the member's name in the Find Author field;
  • Choose: Search in section: "Forums";
  • Choose: Display results "as posts";
  • Search now.

Search results seem to be limited to a maximum of 200. So for example Ratface's posts (384) go back no further than July 2008.

But redoing the search using the date fields (from January 2004 to July 2008) reveals the earlier posts as well.

The date fields don't go further back than 2004. Was that the year this (new) forum started?

Leonard.

Where is the "display results as" command? I couldn't find it.

A work around is using the search function at the upper right of the page:

The trick is in the little grey wheel right from the green magnifying glass. Clicking that one gives you the screen for all the search options you want.

• Copy the member's name in the Find Author field;
  • Choose: Search in section: "Forums";
  • Choose: Display results "as posts";
  • Search now.

Search results seem to be limited to a maximum of 200. So for example Ratface's posts (384) go back no further than July 2008.

But redoing the search using the date fields (from January 2004 to July 2008) reveals the earlier posts as well.

The date fields don't go further back than 2004. Was that the year this (new) forum started?

Leonard.

Where is the "display results as" command? I couldn't find it.

It's in an additional menu below "Search in section..."

This menu only pops up when you select "Search in section".... 'Forums'.