usage stats?

I'm sure it's going up, esp. if you count the guest visitors, who greatly outnumber the members. Paul would probably have to get under the hood/bonnet to check this. Perhaps he has already and can chime in here.

Ken

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure it's going up, esp. if you count the guest visitors, who greatly outnumber the members.

I tend to browse the forum as a guest, only logging in when I have something to add.

If others do the same, then many of the guest visitor total will in fact be made up of members.

Will this confuse the counting?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure it's going up, esp. if you count the guest visitors, who greatly outnumber the members.

I tend to browse the forum as a guest, only logging in when I have something to add.

If others do the same, then many of the guest visitor total will in fact be made up of members.

Will this confuse the counting?

My guess is that it would certainly cloud the individual member viewing stats and any member vs. visitor viewing comparisons, but have no impact on the count for overall number of visits and the number of people visiting specific areas.

While I make no point to tour as a vistor rather than a registered member, I access the forum from multiple browsers on my own computer, as well as sometimes using my iPad or iPhone. On occasion I may even use a friend's computer or tablet. When using my own equipment I usually assume I'm showing up as a member but sometimes discover I'm in visitor status when I attempt to post. While an initial sign-on from a new device registers ID related cookies, from time to time I flush out my browser "cookies" and as a result I'm no longer automatically recognized as a member by the site until I log in again using that device. I know it's easy to tell whether one is on a member or visitor, but it's just not something I typically check.