3 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Pierceall

Mike Pierceall

Chatty concertinist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:52 AM

Initial inspection of the Lachenal TT shows it to be in relatively good cosmetic condition.  The keys and bushings needed cleaning and polishing only. The 7-fold bellows appear to be in like-new condition but stiff from lack of use.  I replaced the valves for obvious reasons. The instrument had been stored on it's end.  I've yet to replace the pads except for a couple that needed immediate attention. It had been re-tuned to A440.  I made a new case for it as it arrived without one.  It is the one on the right, next to my Lachenal New Model extended treble.  

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2695.JPG
  • IMG_2675.JPG
  • IMG_2676.JPG

#2 Mike Pierceall

Mike Pierceall

Chatty concertinist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:55 PM

More progress to report regarding repairs to the Lachenal New Model TT I've been working on for several weeks.  A round of tuning and sound check can be viewed here:  There is also a link in the description to my tuning jig.  Mike

#3 4to5to6

4to5to6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:40 PM

Any updates on restoration? I listen to your YouTube video and it sounds great? Thanks. I am searching for a TT now and would definetely consider a New Model. Thanks for the info. John

#4 Mike Pierceall

Mike Pierceall

Chatty concertinist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:11 AM

Any updates on restoration? I listen to your YouTube video and it sounds great? Thanks. I am searching for a TT now and would definetely consider a New Model. Thanks for the info. John

Since my last post I've lowered the low D# to a B and have done some fine tuning overall.  I also cut a new reed.  That's the latest.  Mike

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TT, New Model, Tenor treble, pads, valves

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users