For Sale: Red Marble Stradivarius Concertina In Beautiful Condition

balzary

I will post pictures tonight as soon as I can get them, along with any other specifics I can find. Just wanted to see if there was any interest and go from there. This is a gorgeous instrument that was listed on ebay and privately. It was listed originally at over $3000.00, but in all honesty, we paid $1549.99 for it + shipping. I underwent major spinal surgery and unfortunately am not physically able to play it. Plus, I frankly need the money to chip away at the astronomical amount of medical debt the surgery left me in. I had hopes of keeping the instrument for my children, but we are in need and I'd like to see someone enjoy this fine work of craftsmanship. Hoping to get about what we paid, but am willing to consider reasonable offers. I am meeting with the folks at Petosa in Seattle next week to work up an accurate estimate of it's true market value and entertain their offers (including consignment), but would prefer to sell through this forum if anyone is interested. Thank you so very much for your time!

:-)

Edited to add:

Sorry for my cryptic smiley I thought that a red marble stradivarius concertina must be a wind up. (the post came up close to april 1st)

iBillN's post suggests that such a thing might be real. So I'll put up this smiley instead :unsure:

Edited by spindizzy

Just in case you're thinking the citizens of this forum are an unresponsive bunch, there aren't many here who play this type of concertina. You might get a better response from a forum devoted to Chemnitzer concertinas.

• 2 weeks later...