Fs: 48K Aeola Treble

RobSay

For Sale: Wheatstone Aeola Treble, #27864

• 48 keys, 6 fold bellows, steel reeds, brass mounts, concert pitch, lovely tone, original leather case
  • Original manufacture: May 8th, 1919 (http://www.horniman.info/DKNSARC/SD01/PAGES/D1P1150S.HTM)
  • Refubished: 2009 by that nice Mr Gibb @ theboxplace - incl pads, valves, thumbstraps & retuning

post-4140-0-89093900-1363608393_thumb.jpgpost-4140-0-54113800-1363608412_thumb.jpgpost-4140-0-04753600-1363608425_thumb.jpg

The concertina came to me from a lady who was sorting out her grandfathers effects - the only history I have is "he'd had it all his life" - but I doubt that was from new. You can see in the photos that the fretwork has slots for bowing levers. There is no mechanism and indeed there are no airholes in the actionboard base or the reedpan (i.e. it was built like this). Leather case is OK for storage but I'd recommend a new case if you're you going to be taking it out

It's an excellent player - classic Aeola versatility, ready to go and just looking for the right person to make beautiful music with.

Reason for sale: one in, one out!

Price: £2700 incl UK delivery

Donation to C.Net - irrespective of sale.

thanks

Rob

• 3 months later...