Month? What Month?! It's Just A Tune.

David Barnert

Lovely playing with a nice lilt and good choice of chord notes. I "hear" the tune much slower and have found at the tempo I hear it doesn't seem to be very suited to concertina. But you make a strong case for both the tempo and the fit with the instrument. Thanks for stretching me.

And what's happening in measures 4 and 12 (or the latter halves of 2 and 6, depending on whether you hear it in 2 or in 4) of the B section?

Well, in 4 and 12 there is a run from the 2nd down to the preceding 5th followed by a jump up to the 4th.

The latter half of 2 also starts on a 2nd and ends on a 4th, but that does not echo in 6...

I seem to be missing whatever you are trying to help me see. Enlightenment please?

And what's happening in measures 4 and 12 (or the latter halves of 2 and 6, depending on whether you hear it in 2 or in 4) of the B section?

Well, in 4 and 12 there is a run from the 2nd down to the preceding 5th followed by a jump up to the 4th.

The latter half of 2 also starts on a 2nd and ends on a 4th, but that does not echo in 6...

I seem to be missing whatever you are trying to help me see. Enlightenment please?

It's the runs from 2 to 5. In music, 2 is to 5 as 5 is to 1. So what am I doing with my left hand? Playing an A major chord (with a C# that's not in the key of G). Secondary dominant, 5 of 5. We've been here before...