Marcus G/d Anglo Questions

.. in Motorhead terms, it can end up with an "Everything Louder than Everything Else" scenario!

Wayhay! Someone cited Motörhead in a discussion on Concertina net. My life is complete. Anglo players: born to raise Hell and we do it real well!

I hoped someone would appreciate that ;) I once wore my "Everything Louder than Everything Else" Motorhead shirt to a concertina band weekend, to much general amusement.

"We are the Road Crew" on concertina? Has to be done, doesn't it? :ph34r:

Sessions vary a great deal and on reflection that may be as much down to etiquette as instruments. Some are very loud, very fast and very obscure. Others are very considerate and inclusive. But people who run sessions set the style, pace and content they want, and they aren't under any obligation to bend to my personal requirements. It's up to me to find a session that suits me. Unfortunately there aren't unlimited sessions to choose from that are also practical for me to attend on a regular basis. On the plus side I do encounter good sessions at festivals.

For what it's worth I've only recently taken up the anglo, and I live very near Marcus Music so theirs were some of the first instruments I tried out. I ended up getting a G/D rosewood Lachenal but if I hadn't gotten that I'd have gone with a Marcus. I play with someone with a G/D Marcus and it's a lovely thing, though perhaps not quite as piercing as my Lachenal (might be a good thing), but you could certainly play it for morris; it might just depend on who you're playing with. If you're competing with someone thrashing an old Pokerwork you might need to give it some welly :D