• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FrankFlynn

FrankFlynn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:54 AM

Sarah Flynn has had her concertina stolen at Piazza SMN, Florence, Italy. It is a distinctive instrument, a Jeffries Anglo Concertina with 56 keys and 4 rows. 

Please keep an eye out.

Thanks!

#2 Ken_Coles

Ken_Coles

Heavyweight Boxer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1665 posts
  • Location:Indiana, Pennsylvania, and Logansport, Indiana, U.S.A.

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:44 AM

If you have any more details, including contact info, I can add it to the lost/stolen thread.

Ken

#3 Halifax

Halifax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:15 PM

According to the Facebook Posting:

Sara Lent Flynn

***STOLEN CONCERTINA***
My concertina was stolen from Piazza SMN, Florence,Italy. It is a Jeffries 47Key (4 row) concertina. It was in a navy adidas bag along with my Nikon D90 camera. Could you please share this post and if anyone has any information could you please let me know. Thank you.

#4 Geoff Wooff

Geoff Wooff

Heavyweight Boxer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2090 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:21 AM

Very  sad news  indeed.

But is there a lesson  to be learned  from this ?   Perhaps the thief was after  the camera  or just an Adidas Bag!!    I have often  carried a concertina in a  camera  bag, in fact I have a LowePro  rucksack  that looks as if it would  be carrying  some expensive  photographic  equipment  but instead their are  compartments for two  concertinas.

Other than  the incident  when a concertina (in its  normal  concertina box)  was stolen from between the feet  of  one unfortunate  player  as he chatted  to friends  after a session  at the Willie Clancy Summer School,  I would suggest  the safest  carrying case  for a concertina  is one bearing an image  of a  small accordion externally.  What  ordinary crook  wants to fence a  squeeze box ?

Good luck with  its recovery.

#5 arkwright

arkwright

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:23 PM

Is it a coincidence that an instrument matching this description is listed today on this web site under "for sale"?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: theft, jeffries

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users