Log-in Warning Message

Yesterday & today, when going to the log-in screen, I have seen this message at the top of the screen:

IPB WARNING [2] implode(): Bad arguments. (Line: 455 of /sources/action_public/login.php)

It does not seem to have interfered with the actual log-in process, nor with reading the forums.

Does anyone know what it means and if this is likely to cause any problems in using the forums?

With thanks

John Wild

Does anyone know what it means and if this is likely to cause any problems in using the forums?

John,

I don't know what it means, but I couldn't access either the new or the old forums earlier this evening. I was getting this message on the new forum:

IPB WARNING
[2] mysql_connect(): User aep has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections (Line: 131 of /ips_kernel/class_db_mysql.php)

There appears to be an error with the database.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here.

Error Returned

SQL error: User aep has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connectionsSQL error code: Date: Saturday 13th of May 2006 01:58:32 PM

We apologise for any inconvenience

... and on the old:

Sorry, an error occurred: can't connect to database. It's probably just overloaded, so please wait a a few seconds and try again, or why not just forget the computer and go read a good book or play a few tunes on your concertina?! If the problem persists, you might want to let Paul know about it. Thanks.

The hosting service we use was overloaded earlier today. This has happened before, and Paul explained that it was lots of hits on one of the other sites they host - it is rare for us to have more than 20 logged on. (That stuff on the main forum page about 479 at once or whatever was during an Invision upgrade and is thus not accurate). Generally the cure is to wait and try later. [You all can stand to be away an hour or two...can't you? :P Go play a concertina or something.]

Having just posted a reply elsewhere, I have just spotted that the quote and edit buttons are missing, and the smiley I clicked on did not apear in the final posting. Perhaps that is an effect of the error message. Any typing errors in this mesage will have to remain as I cannot edit them.

- john Wild

I don't know what it means, but I couldn't access either the new or the old forums earlier this evening.
Are the old forums generally available?

Hi David,

What I meant was how I (and maybe some other people?) think of the original site http://www.concertina.net/, where the old forums used to be, sorry to be confusing.

But if you take a look for Concertina.net on the Wayback Machine you can go right back to the site as it was on 22nd December 1998, before there even were any forums. Otherwise, you can find listings of the old posts if you're prepared to plough through the material saved there on other occasions, and for certain days, like 4th June 2001. you can click on some of the listings to see the post itself.

it is rare for us to have more than 20 logged on.

Actually, Ken, you'll be pleased to know that the site is more popular than that. I'm regularly seeing 30/40 users, with a maximum of 78 a couple of weeks ago.

Regards,

Peter.

If this is the post you're referring to, I see the smiley. Do you see this one? :)

Yes, I see it tonight, and the quote/edit buttons have reappeared - mysterious!

- John

Edited to add: Operating from my laptop seems trouble free, and the message was not there. I still get it when logging in from the desk top computer.

Edited by John Wild