Concertina Mini-Tunes By Frank Butler

Pete Dunk

I recently saw an enquiry about Frank Butler's second tutor book and rummaged through my collection because I knew I had something else other than the first tutor book but I was unable to find the booklet sized publication anywhere. As so often happens I found it by accident this morning tucked inside a larger book. This isn't very exciting, an A5 sized booklet that looks as if it was printed on a Gestetner duplicating machine but some of the arrangements might be of interest to someone. There are individual scans of the booklet and a PDF of the whole thing.

Concertina Mini-Tunes. Edited and Arranged by Frank Butler.

PDF.

Pete.

Edit: links removed as there may be copyright issues I was unaware of.

Edited by tallship

Pete,

Thanks so much for finding this! Even if the production values leave a little to be desired.

Now where could a copy of "Concertina Two" be hiding...?

Gary

members of the International Concertina Association received a clearer reprinted version as the music supplement with Concertina World number 433.

note that the arrngements were the copyright of Frank Butler and I believe he donated this to the ICA.

- John Wild

Pete,

Thanks so much for finding this! Even if the production values leave a little to be desired.

Now where could a copy of "Concertina Two" be hiding...?

Gary

members of the International Concertina Association received a clearer reprinted version as the music supplement with Concertina World number 433.

note that the arrngements were the copyright of Frank Butler and I believe he donated this to the ICA.

- John Wild

John I'm unclear about what you are saying here, do you mean that Concertina Two was reprinted and is in copyright with the ICA or that Concertina Mini-Tunes was reprinted and the ICA have the copyright for these arrangements?

I've removed the links to the files in my first post until I'm sure of the position.

Pete.

I was referring only to the mini-tunes. I know nothing of concertina 2.

I believe that Frank Butler donated the rights to the ICA, but that is my personal recollection , and it would need a current committee member to say for sure.

edited to add - I have sent an email to several committee members to draw their attention to this discussion. Hopefully there will be a reply.

regards

John

Edited by John Wild

This is a response from a current member of the ICA committee (the secretary in fact). Not sure that it counts as a reply. The simple answer is that I don't know. Thanks to John Wild, we are now aware and will find out. And thanks to Pete for his prompt and proper response.

Roger Gawley

ps I have a copy of Concertina Two. It says it is copyright 1983 to Frank Butler so probably not available to reproduce unless we have clearance.