Rss Feeds

I've enabled an RSS feed of the main "General Discussion" forum here. Click on the little RSS orange button at the bottom left of the site and you can get the URL, which you can then use to add this Concertina.net feed to your favourite aggregator. I've tested it with my MyYahoo page and it appears to work fine. Any other interest? I'm not a real RSS user, so this is the first time I've really thought about it... I can make feeds for the other forums too I guess if there's any interest.

Paul

Hello,

This feed works fine for me too. Thank you for this new feature !

May I request RSS feeds for 2 more forums ?

Instrument Construction & Repair

Concertina History

Regards,

--

Takayuki YAGI

Shizuoka, Japan

Done! Enjoy,

Paul

I've enabled an RSS feed of the main "General Discussion" forum here. Click on the little RSS orange button at the bottom left of the site and you can get the URL, which you can then use to add this Concertina.net feed to your favourite aggregator. I've tested it with my MyYahoo page and it appears to work fine. Any other interest? I'm not a real RSS user, so this is the first time I've really thought about it... I can make feeds for the other forums too I guess if there's any interest.

Paul

Works like a charm - I actually forgot it was there: on Safari, a blue RSS button appears in the adress list, but I am so used to it being there, that I forget it (old illusionist's trick).

/Henrik

• 1 month later...

Paul

Paul,

what is an RSS feed, what is an aggregator?

Chris

• 1 month later...

Paul

Paul, does the RSS feed automatically update? I ask because I compared the topics listed on the feed with those on the forum, and they didn't match. The feed topics seemed to be older.

Jeff Myers

• 2 weeks later...

The feed is updated approx. every 30 minutes. It's sorted by date of topic start (not date of last post like in the forums) so this might also affect how it looks. I could sort by date of last post if that makes more sense? I'm not sure... are people more interested in recent posts to old topics or just new topics?

Paul

Paul

Paul, does the RSS feed automatically update? I ask because I compared the topics listed on the feed with those on the forum, and they didn't match. The feed topics seemed to be older.

Jeff Myers