Kettle Bridge

Will Moore

I went camping up the road from where I live at the weekend, and to my delight stumbled across a place called Kettle Bridge. My local concertina group (English) is called Kettle Bridge Concertinas (http://www.kettlebridgeconcertinas.org.uk/) and I oft wondered where the name came from - and now I know :)

Sorry if this doesn't fit in this forum, but I wanted to share my happiness of this discovery, and tell a little part of concertina related history!

Welcome to the group. I think I am the only other member who uses the concertina.net forums, though I have mentioned them numerous times. The logo is a representation of the original wooden bridge, which was demolished on health & safety grounds in the 1980's. The associated dance side Kettle Bridge Clogs does its Mayday procession over the current bridge.

Seven members of Kettle Bridge Concertinas have just performed at the Severndroog Castle summer fete in Shooters Hill, London. We had good fun, though our numbers were depleted from the original plan for various reasons, notably a player who got a nasty gash on the right index finger just a few days ago. It should heal but playing is out for the immediated future.

Our next band playing day in Sunday 31st July. Perhaps I will see you there?

best wishes,

John

post-160-0-37247300-1469487318_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the group. I think I am the only other member who uses the concertina.net forums, though I have mentioned them numerous times. The logo is a representation of the original wooden bridge, which was demolished on health & safety grounds in the 1980's. The associated dance side Kettle Bridge Clogs does its Mayday procession over the current bridge.

Seven members of Kettle Bridge Concertinas have just performed at the Severndroog Castle summer fete in Shooters Hill, London. We had good fun, though our numbers were depleted from the original plan for various reasons, notably a player who got a nasty gash on the right index finger just a few days ago. It should heal but playing is out for the immediated future.

Our next band playing day in Sunday 31st July. Perhaps I will see you there?

best wishes,

John

attachicon.gifKettle Bridge Concertinas logo.jpg

Hi John,

I play Anglo, rather than English, which is a shame, and I'm nowhere near good enough to play with others yet, but once I feel confident, I will try to come along!

Where do you meet usually? I will try and pop along on Sunday, just to say hello if I can (depending on family!)