What Are "guests" ?

A "guest" is someone who hasn't registered. A "member" has registered and validated their membership. "validating" is someone who has registered but not yet validated (usually because they gave a wrong or bad email address, and so can't complete the registration process -- part or the spam-prevention scheme).

Paul

A "guest" is someone who hasn't registered. A "member" has registered and validated their membership. "validating" is someone who has registered but not yet validated...

What (in the context of this forum) is a "newbie"? That is, why does it say that under my name, to the left, with one blue square while it says "member" and two blue squares by Paul's and Chris's names? I have searched through my profile screens, but don't see any mention of that.

It depends solely on the number of posts you've made. Post enough and you will eventually make it to Galactic Overlord or some such. It's all a bit cutesy-poo. to be honest. but it's a feature of the software.

Chris

If you whine, do they take one of the bllue boxes away?

Chris

If you whine, do they take one of the bllue boxes away?

Now THAT would be a worthwhile feature!

Regards,

Dick Bennett

Thanks Dick,

I was thinking about electroshock for whiners when they hit the submit button, but I didn't think Paul would go for it. How about taking away the blue box AND changing the status from member to something else.... Anyone have any suggestions for the name of this category person? :o

I'd have no problem coming up with a new status name for 'whiners' as long as we can agree on a new status name for the category of people who would consider electroshock for those same whiners. Here's a few suggestions. Apply them to whichever category you feel they would fit.

Rebel, concerned citizen, patriot, lemming, sheep, brown-shirt. :-)

Just so I'm clear, OPEN HOSTILITY is okay. It's fun to read. Difference of opinion keeps forums going. I was just talking about people who whine, you know, "but MOOOoooOOOOooommmmmm". Ok,ok, I withdraw the electoshock.

Dear Sandy,

Thanks for accepting the withdrawal. Nope, open hostility has not been the norm. I was just trying to point out that I like the differences of opinion. I don't mind people getting heated and pushing their point. I was just trying to poke gentle fun at people who ... well...whine.

Sorry, I'm not sure you qualify for the scarlet w. You just seem to have a different opinion. That wheedling note isn't in your voice yet.