Trouble With Abc2Win On Converta-O-Matic

No, it uses a monospaced font. And it does support properly-formatted comments. You are free to hate it as much as you wish, but please don't bring factual misstatements into the mix when someone is seeking honest advice.

Tunebook.jpg

Edited by ex-sqzbxr

All my ABC depends on fixed width so I can align parallel phrases properly.

That's an OCD thing specific to you Jack and has nothing to do with the rights or wrongs of musical theory or the current specifications for ABC. Your usage is legal but by no means mandatory and unless you are correcting obvious mistakes you should limit yourself to expressing personal preferences not doing down perfectly good Apps because they don't do exactly what you want them to. You seem pretty intelligent, I look forward to buying the perfect ABC App when you've written it. Make it cross platform though because I use both Windows and Mac ;)

Jack: Tunebook is very much an app in progress (as is The Craic), and gets better with each update. Update the app an look again. It won't align the abc automatically I don't believe, but I think most of your other concerns have been addressed. If no a note to the developer will get the issues in the cue.

Any hope for an EasyABC app?

Highly unlikely at this point I think. EasyABC wraps around abcm2ps, abc2MIDI, xml2abc, and lots of other bits and pieces of python code and binary code. I've no experience with language requirements for apps on either platform, but I suspect they re quite different...

I'll try the update.

The alignment is not just a luxury. It makes a real, significant difference to accuracy of transcription - you can see which phrases are parallel and which aren't. With variable spacing it's much easier to leave a bar out or write one note the wrong length and not notice.

The fact that it can't show an entire file as it was written makes half the ABC on my site unusable as intended. Whereas it works fine with most other ABC software out there.

You seem pretty intelligent, I look forward to buying the perfect ABC App when you've written it. Make it cross platform though because I use both Windows and Mac

Let's see you transcribe a few thousand tunes and make them publicly available for free first, as I've done. Then we'll know you've got a clue about what the requirements are and aren't just coming out with ignorant, insulting, patronizing crap.

Edited by Jack Campin

Let's see you transcribe a few thousand tunes and make them publicly available for free first, as I've done. Then we'll know you've got a clue about what the requirements are *snip*

I'm a Village Music Project transcriber Jack and although my output isn't as large as yours I thinks it's safe to say that there are a couple of thousand tunes transcribed by me over the last two and a half years freely available to the public. As you are probably aware the specifications laid down by the Village Music Project with regard to ABC syntax doesn't allow me to leave spaces around bar lines or any other redundant spaces however useful.