Grock, Clown Music With Concertina

Hello, I found today this video of the famous clown Grock performing a show, he plays the concertina from the minute 25 to 35.

It is very interesting because one can see what kind of things made the clowns with the concertina.

I think he plays an english concertina.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN9CWQCZFpU

Grock / Грок / son Grand Numero (1931) Le Français (deutsche Untertitel)

The show is in french language but it has also deutsch subtitles.

Has anyone seen video of a clown playing a tin coffeepot?

Not that I can think of, though it sounds plausible. But I do know of 1920's kazoo bands playing coffee pots, like the "coffee-pot band" Deek Watson (later of the Ink Spots) joined in Indianapolis in the mid-20s. They were called the "Percolating Puppies" and used coffee pots as sound chambers for their kazoos.

Deek Watson mentioned that his band also included a small teapot, along with the coffee pots, and guitars and, coming (ever-so-slightly) back on topic for a moment, there's also a British Pathé (silent) newsreel from 1929 of a women's kazoo band, called the "Kitchen Cabinet Band", that includes a teapot and a coffee pot: The Kitchen Band!

And there's an article in Popular Mechanics, August 1927, about the "Kitchen Kabinet Band", its history, and its instruments: Kitchen Kabinet Band

• 5 months later...