Questions Needing Answered, Colin Dipper

These are the questions I expect answered by Colin Dipper or a spokesman.

o How did a delivery time of 3-4 years grow to over 10 in the space of a decade?

o How come I'm still at the back of the queue?

o Why was I systematically lied to over delivery dates?

o How did so many others (see old concertina.net mails) get new builds and renovations through before ealier-established buyers in your intake queue?

o Why. despite many conversations on the telephone, do I still have no written confirmation?

o Why, after so many years in the queue, have you assigned me no instrument number?

o How many of your instruments are gathering dust on collectors shelves?

o Why do you make no effort whatsoever to keep customers informed of the status of their orders?

o Several others have in the meantime (off-line mails) reported inordinate waiting times. What is your action plan to get this instruments out?

o When are you going to cap your order intake to deal with the backlog?

o When am I getting the concertina I ordered and paid a deposit for? Commit, dammit.

Oddball

Edited by Oddball

I don't think that starting multiple threads on this topic will make you any friends. My full answer to how I think Colin and Rosalie operate (personal opinion, I am not anyone's spokesman except my own) is in the other thread.

The other thing you should be aware of is that this is a particularly friendly and helpful forum, but the flip side to that is we do not take kindly to ranting and raving. You clearly have an axe to grind. If you must express your displeasure, please do so with consideration for the rest of us and do it in a reasonable and rational manner.

Chris

Unreasonable? Irrational?

I see nothing unreasonable about blowing the lid of a murky and chotic system marked by personal preference, misinformation and indifference.

It's in the interest of everyone to be able to make informed, rational decisions before purchase. This can only occur if there is transparency, trust and committment to the truth on both sides.

So I'm not going to win any friends by my stance. The fact is I feel cheated, and that regardless of what I say or do, Colin Dipper will hold to old habits unless someone blows the whistle.

I've spent years in practice in the hope of a faster instrument, years in waiting, invested hours and days on carefully-phrased letters and phone calls. Nine tenths of this predominantly emotional investment is, given my current instrument, irrelevant.

I am very, very angry indeed, so stand back, let the reply come and then perhaps I can get on with my life.

Oddball.

You have made three postings on this site Oddball and one too many.

I agree with Chris in his comments on your posting.

I notice also that you are refusing to give your name, WHY?

I cannot see why you think multiple postings will assist you to get a concertina from Mr Dipper by slagging him off on this site.I can assure you that you have now created the exact opposite effect to what you intended.I have seen Mr Dippers work, I have played Mr Dippers work.I know Mr Dippers name.If I were a maker and I am not, I would take you off my list and supply others as Mr Dipper has done.

Many of us learn by our mistakes and I hope you will learn from this one.

Al

Hello

Keeping my upper lip stiffened and my glutes braced inorder to elevate my simple and cheerful outlook above the bitter and bilious excretions spilled out in the course of this discussion I would with humility reccomend not to let any force, institution or craftsman hold me back from acquiring an instrument of the best quality available rather than wait for a date in the future.

That could solve 90% of the problem.

Richard

Edited by richard

I also don't like these attacks on another person, justified or otherwise. Big boys sort their differences out in private, or take appropriate action. There are also laws of slander and libel, I would not want to see Paul Schwartz being dragged into that sort of situation as site 'owner'.

Dave

I am closing this thread as unproductive. I have also indicated this by individual communication where necessary. Back to discussing concertinas, please, in other threads, ladies and gentlemen.

Ken Coles

(using a borrowed computer)