Swedish And English!

Very nice and I'm right down the road. We should get in contact.

Thanks. Are you really? I'd love to get together. I'm in Minneapolis (over by the Convention Center and the Electric Fetus). Feel free to drop me a line either through the message function here or via email (awestern@hotmail.com) or even on farcebook if you are so inclined (my name there and in the good old-fashioned real life is Andy Western) and perhaps we can carve out some time and space for a rendezvous in near future.

Andy

A year or so ago, I was driving through West Virginia, listening to classical music on the radio, when I heard a recording of a lute playing a very familiar tune over and over. I couldn't think where I knew the tune from, until I realized it was the ganglat linked above (which I learned from Dave Kaynor at Ashokan 30 years ago).

A year or so ago, I was driving through West Virginia, listening to classical music on the radio, when I heard a recording of a lute playing a very familiar tune over and over. I couldn't think where I knew the tune from, until I realized it was the ganglat linked above (which I learned from Dave Kaynor at Ashokan 30 years ago).

A great little tune, isn't it? You're very fortunate to have learned it from David Kaynor; a first-rate musician and excellent source.

Mark Gilston, the great English system concertinist, does a splendid rendition of the tune. Are you familiar with his Swedish album "Troll Road?" It's a masterpiece (though, curiously, the gardeby ganglat is not featured therein). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq2KBrXprZ4