Chemnitzer Concertina

bazdebas

Hi,

I am in the possession of a concertina. I bought it on a fleemarket when I did not even know what a concertina was. I just fell in love with the sound of it. After doing some research i found out that it had to be a concertina, and more specific, a chemnitzer concertina. I have been told that this model concertina was built somewhere between 1880 and 1920. I don´t know if my instrument is from that period. It looks and sounds rather good for such an old instrument so i am really not sure.

Now i am not sure what to do with it. I like the sound but i do not have the time to learn to play it. Or maybe i just leave it where it is. On top of my piano, where it is never played. I am thinking of selling this if i can get a nice price, and more importantly, a new owner who is really happy with it.

Of course i do not have a clue as to the worth of this concertina so i do not know how much to ask for it. Someone offered me 25 euros for it but for that money i'd rather leave it lying on my piano.

The state of the instrument is rather good but unfortunately, as you can see on the pictures, there is a piece missing. It's the airvalve. I tried replacing it with a bent spoon, and that sort of works but i am not selling my spoon.

I would also like to know more about this instrument. If anyone has information about the instrument is would be most gratefull.

regards,

Bas

post-12574-0-82658400-1498602410_thumb.jpg

post-12574-0-62852600-1498602412_thumb.jpg

post-12574-0-36997200-1498602414_thumb.jpg

post-12574-0-19069300-1498602416_thumb.jpg

post-12574-0-01820400-1498602418_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I am in the possession of a concertina.

Now i am not sure what to do with it.

If you don't want to sell it, perhaps you could learn to play it.

Edited by Gan Ainm