What Key Is This Played In? Na Ceanabháin Bhána-Kitty Hayes

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking for a recording of that set I have somewhere. In 2007 we played the saturday night concert at the Feakle festival (we = Kitty, myself, Mick Kinsella and guitarist Maurice Coyle) and we hit a particular nice and clear relaxed rhythm that night. Unfortunately I have as yet been unable to find the tape, there a whole stack of unlabelled tapes there with bits and pieces so it's a bit of a needle in a haystack.

If it helps I can play/record you a slow single line basic version for you the way we used to play it and you can take it from there.

Thanks Peter, that would be great, but don't put yourself through any trouble.

I recently found a copy of Kitty's "A Touch of Clare".

(Also, a copy of "They'll be Good Yet", which you might have heard of. :D )

So I'm going to bite the bullet, buy and learn to use Transcribe.

"I freely admit to being an army of nearly one, but will continue to gently point out to those interested in a less frenetic world that 'traditional Irish music' on the concertina can be great for inner peace, if you dig under the modern surface."

Make that two!

"I freely admit to being an army of nearly one, but will continue to gently point out to those interested in a less frenetic world that 'traditional Irish music' on the concertina can be great for inner peace, if you dig under the modern surface."

Make that two!

Great!

And no worries, Frank....we'll play in octaves. That will make four of us. :rolleyes:

Dan