Wheatstone Bandonion Found

Apologies John,

my last offering was based on the discussion around the original posting of which there is a picture of the Wheatstone referred to as a Bandoneon. Unfortunately thread drift, which often occurs, can cause some puzzlement to those unfamiliar with the whole content of a topic.

Geoff :)

Geoff,

My mistake!

It is still odd to call something with a Chemnitzer layout a Bandoneon, but the point I made about you hands not having to hold the thing up and therefore being able to move up and down still applies!

Cheers,

John

Geoff,

My mistake!

It is still odd to call something with a Chemnitzer layout a Bandoneon, but the point I made about you hands not having to hold the thing up and therefore being able to move up and down still applies!

Cheers,

John

Hi John,

Unfortunately, before the days of widespread enlightenment courtesy of the internet, anything large and square, certainly in England, was generally referred to as Bandonion (Bandoneon). Today, of course, with access to vast amounts of information it is possible to more correctly identify instruments.

I agree that the hands can move up and down to cover the keyboard but close study of Maureen Dwyers right hand shows the amazing, effortless finger spread she manages. Probably due to many years of playing, her hands have adapted to the instrument.

Geoff

it may be worth a look at Neil Wayne's 'the Concertina Collection' Cat. No. C-085 http://www.concertin...om./CM00085.htm

illustrates a Wheatstone Bandoneon

chris

And the very same as the subject for this topic. And still referred to as Bandoneon.

Geoff

Edited by Geoffrey Crabb