Congratulations To Jim

... "Anaconda" (the "longest" squeezer on Concertina.net)?

No, can't use that, that's a mega Serpent ! (You know, like Colin Dipper plays !)

I do know.

But surely we can't be kept from any and all use of St. Patrick's rejects. What about "Box Constrictor"?

How about "Boxaholic" ?  :)

Oooh! ...... "Small Box Epidemic"! ?? :o

Got another! I'll use Edit to put it here, so it won't increase my count :): ..."Boxic Waste".

Edited by JimLucas

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprise!! Neither 1000 nor 1001 was the next new-name turnover point. Well, that would have been rather soon after the last one, which I think was 800.

I wonder what it will be. Something even, like 2000? Something apparently random, like 2059? Maybe 1829,... or 1802?

I REALLY liked the anaconda.

You might like to know there really is a musical instrument called the Anaconda. It's not a squeezebox, unfortunately, but a contra-bass serpent. I've seen it, it's huge! It was built in the 19th century by 2 Yorkshire brothers - no-one knows why.

Chris

Edited by Chris Timson

I REALLY liked the anaconda.

You might like to know there really is a musical instrument called the Anaconda. It's not a squeezebox, unfortunately, but a contra-bass serpent. I've seen it, it's huge! It was built in the 19th century by 2 Yorkshire brothers - no-one knows why.

In my tuba-playing days I investigated getting hold of a serpent; if you really wanted to, you could commission an Anaconda from Christopher Monk instruments - though at £6.5k I'd rather spend the money on concertinas if I had it... :)

Trombonist Douglas Yeo with Anaconda etc.

(edited to put better link in)

Edited by stuart estell

Oh my gosh. What a riot.

Never know what will happen when you put two brothers together with a bunch of tools.

Think I have to stop buying instruments for a bit. Love my Edgley. Got another used pa from Button Box.

Gotta love those free reeds.

Helen

Hi Rhomylly,

Sent you an email. Will call on Sunday. Have had laryngitis. Figured if I called you'd think it was an obscene caller.

The tina is superb. And now I can even open the hard case. Come on, it was a little tricky.

Yours is acomin. You'll get it before you know it.

Helen

Say Jim,

After a certain number, they start taking away numbers as you post. Or Ken wipes you clean and you start all over. Sorta like a speedometer.

THE BIG ERASURE.

So is your little light blinking in two places on the Stephen map?

Helen

After a certain number, they start taking away numbers as you post. Or Ken wipes you clean and you start all over.

Just let 'em try!! :angry:

Sorta like a speedometer.
"But officer, I can't have been doing 180. My speedometer only goes up to 150, and it was registering 30!"

So is your little light blinking in two places on the Stephen map?
Nope. I'm a full-time resident of Denmark, though I still have roots in America, especially musical ones.