Off-topic subforum  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What do you think of a subforum specifically for non-concertina topics (but ones that we think might be of interest to other C.net members)?

I'm pretty sure the idea has been floated before -- more than once, -- but didn't attract much interest.

And if such a subForum were set up, I doubt that posters would become any better about posting to "the right" group than they are now. :unsure: I think that between the "general" subForum and the occasional digression, the handling of "off" topics is working as well now as it ever will... and far better than most people would expect.

I'm pretty sure the idea has been floated before -- more than once, -- but didn't attract much interest.
Before I posted, I searched this subforum to see if it had been suggested before. I guess those prior discussions must have been posted in the wrong place. :o

I voted no. As one of the guilty dogs who at times canters off-topic, I have tried very hard to be good and not muck about where folks make it clear they just want to talk concertinas. It is the humanity and sense of community that resides here that kept me around.

I am very grateful that things are run here with an easy, tolerant hand.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Edited by Mark Evans

Hi

It's a CONCERTINA forum. It's called concertina.net. it's not called 'general discussion.net'. It works fine as it is. Please leave it as it is

chris (I voted NO-you might have guessed :D )

I voted Maybe too (early in the survey) but would lean more toward No at this point. I'm remembering the horrid things that used to get posted on rec.music-makers.squeezebox years ago when the accordion players started arguing about politics....

I'm easy, so I voted "maybe". I'm well aware that I'm guilty of digression quite a lot of the time; some other music forums I read have general discussion sections that work well, but I can understand people wanting to keep the narrow focus.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Old Leaky
I voted no. As one of the guilty dogs who at times canters off-topic...

Er, ditto fo me on both counts. Guilty as charged!

Edited for "ditto" not "diito" - how about a spellchceker on this thing though?

Edited by Old Leaky

Edited for "ditto" not "diito" - how about a spellchceker on this thing though?

Isn't that "off topic", belonging in the "Forum Questions, Suggestions, and Help" subForum? ;)

Actually, as I compose my posts (e.g., this one), spellchecking is taking place. Is it perhaps my browser doing it, rather than the forum software?

I wonder how/whether it can be turned on and off. :unsure:

I voted Maybe too (early in the survey) but would lean more toward No at this point. I'm remembering the horrid things that used to get posted on rec.music-makers.squeezebox years ago when the accordion players started arguing about politics....

I agree. It gets hot enough on this forum when we touch on politics that do relate to Concertinas in some way. :P

Actually, as I compose my posts (e.g., this one), spellchecking is taking place. Is it perhaps my browser doing it, rather than the forum software?

I wonder how/whether it can be turned on and off. :unsure:

If your browser is Firefox: Tools/Options/Advanced then uncheck the 'Spellcheck as I type' box. :)