Wheatstone Aeola Maccann Duet

folksingernatto

Hi folks below is the description of a Wheatstone Aeola Maccann duet 74 button I purchased privately on ebay a year or so ago:

"Here is a splendid Wheatstone Duet Concertina, No. 31681, in pristine, faultless condition. The Concertina has a bright resonant tone with a rich undistorted bass. The action is fast & responsive. All keys speak clearly. The instrument is in Concert Pitch A440 Hz & is in excellent tune throughout. The bellows have 1st class compression & are unmarked in 'like new' condition as is the rest of the instrument. This is probably one of the finest Concertinas available at this time for sale. The reeds are steel in superb, bright condition.

I am reluctantly disposing of my 'heavies'. In my youth I could swing these over my head in the finest Salvation Army tradition. However, alas, my octogenarian wrists & thumbs have precluded such erstwhile exuberance relegating me to the lighter trebles.

The Concertina, although sold without a case, will be packed very securely in a stout cardboard box & posted with the utmost dispatch.

This is an excellent opportunity to acquire an instrument which will last a lifetime. Sold without reserve.

Enquiries / inspection welcome - see my other items.

International postage will have to be assessed according to location.'

I'm a guitar/banjo player and regretably have not been able to get my head round learning to play the concertina.

I am testing the water re selling this beautiful instrument.

I have the original ebay ad with photographs that I'll try to post including the purchase price I paid. It comes with original Wheatstone tan leather case beautifully and professionally restored which was not included in the original purchase price.

WHEATSTONE AEOLA 74 KEY McCANN DUET CONCERTINA | eBay.htm