Paul Hardy's Session Tunebook

Paul_Hardy

• 11 months later...
The 2017 edition of Paul Hardy's Session Tunebook is now available and stable. See http://www.pghardy.net/concertina/tunebooks/. Now 600 tunes.

It's free for download as PDF for printing off, or increasingly for people to use in tablets like iPads. You can also download for free the ABC file and use a program to play along with - I have a page on Playing ABC.

Alternatively, you can order a printed and nicely bound (can fold right back) copy from Lulu.com for £8.00+pp.

If you have the 2016 printed edition, then just download the Annex 2016, print it off and stick it in the back to give the extra tunes, and apply the edits in the 'Errata' section to bring you up to date.

If you have 2015 or earlier, then an upgrade to a new copy may be appropriate, particularly if you use the chords, which had a major rehash in 2016.

There may or may not be a 2018 edition - I don't want to keep adding tunes for ever!

Happy squeezing!

• 1 year later...

The 2018 edition of Paul Hardy's Session Tunebook is now available and stable. See http://www.pghardy.net/concertina/tunebooks/. Now 613 tunes. I'm a bit late in announcing this, as it actually happened on 24th August!

It's free for download as PDF for printing off, or increasingly for people to use in tablets like iPads. You can also download for free the ABC file and use a program to play along with - I have a page on Playing ABC. Alternatively, you can order a printed and nicely bound (can fold right back) copy from Lulu.com for £8.00+pp - same price as previous edition.

If you have the 2017 printed edition, then just download the Annex 2017, print it off and stick it in the back to give the extra tunes, and apply the edits in the 'Errata' section to bring you up to date. Similarly for 2016 edition. If you have downloaded an earlier version for tablet, then certainly do replace it with the current version - it has all the same tunes plus a few more.

If you have a printed 2015 or earlier, then an upgrade to a new copy may be appropriate, particularly if you use the chords, which had a major rehash in 2016.

Enjoy!

On 10/2/2018 at 7:43 PM, Don Taylor said:

Paul

Has anyone made a Musescore version of your Tunebook available?

It has been discussed on the Musescore forums but before I re-tread this path I thought I would ask you.

Thx.   Don

I’ve not done so, and I’m not aware of anyone doing such a mass conversion. I’ll put it on the ‘investigate’ list, but no promises. 

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

The 2019 edition of Paul Hardy's Session Tunebook is now available (dated 1 August 2109). See http://www.pghardy.net/concertina/tunebooks/. Now 633 tunes. 

It's free for download as PDF for printing off, or increasingly for people to use in tablets like iPads. You can also download for free the ABC file and use a free program to play along with - I have a page on Playing ABC.

Alternatively, you can order a printed and nicely bound (can fold right back) copy from Lulu.com for £8.00+pp - same price as previous edition.

If you have the 2018 printed edition, then just download the final Annex Tunebook 2018 (free), print it off and stick it in the back to give the extra tunes, and apply the edits in the 'Errata' section to bring you up to date. Similarly for 2017 or 2016 edition - you then need two or three annexes. If you have downloaded an earlier version for tablet, then certainly do replace it with the current version - it has all the same tunes plus a few more.

If you have a printed 2015 or earlier, then an upgrade to a new copy may be appropriate, particularly if you use the chords, which had a major rehash in 2016.

Enjoy!

• Thanks 2