Another Free Music Source

Dirge

I just found http://www.wikifonia.org (I can't see how to make this into a link, sorry.)

I don't remember it being mentioned before. It seems to be taking the 'lead sheet' idea that the jazz people do, that putting just a melody and chords down is not breaking copyright and fair game, and applying it to anything and everything so what you get is a melody line chords and the words if appropriate.

There's a right old mix of stuff; for example I got there while looking for the song 'Lazybones' but it includes enough information to make a go of quite a few more modern tunes that people normally fight shy of posting. I saw some beatles stuff for instance.

Worth a look.

(editted to add that when I posted it i saw the machine had made it into a link anyway without asking me....)

Edited by Dirge

• 1 month later...

I was having another look at the wikifonia thing I found and I see it has a transposing button at the top right; tell it what key you want and it shuffles the notes up to the new position. You can experiment until you get the right fit to your range.

I was having another look at the wikifonia thing I found and I see it has a transposing button at the top right; tell it what key you want and it shuffles the notes up to the new position. You can experiment until you get the right fit to your range.

So it it does the folky thing of changing everything to D or G? Should be popular then! :lol:

Here is a nice free source of melody. http://www.flutetunes.com/

That's were I got the dots of that incredible "Bourée anglaise" from... (which is IMO a great starting point for playing some baroque music on the EC; fits perfectly the treble range).

Edited by blue eyed sailor