Wanted - 48 Button English To Learn On - West Coast Canada Or Pnw, Sea

4to5to6

Wanted - 48 Button English To Learn On - West Coast Canada Or PNW, Seattle area.

Edit: I am now actively searching for a Lachenal Edeophone 48 key with the large reed pan hole from the late 1920s.

I am really enjoying the English concertina but my bone button instrument is in terrible condition and not worth getting professionally restored. I have been told that the Edeophone has the best balance of all the vintage concertinas for the type of music I want to play.

It is very important to me that the steel reeds have never been tuned, that it is in old high pitch. The rest of the instrument can be rough as long as it is able to be restored.

Please let me know if anyone has something like this or knows of one for sale. I prefer to buy locally in Canada but would certainly be open to getting the right instrument shipped from the UK or the USA.

Thanks,

John

Message me through this forum please.

Edited by 4to5to6

• 4 weeks later...

I have about £800 (1,600 CAD, 1,250 USD) saved so far.

The great thing is that after a lot of struggle, I now know what I want / need.

Thank-you every one on Cnet for your input.

John

Edited by 4to5to6

PM one the way... maybe it's a tenor! :)

Seems unlikely.

Does anyone here who has searched in the early Wheatstone ledgers have an idea the earliest date at which a tenor-treble appeared?

(Note: It's become common in recent years to refer to 48-button tenor-trebles as "tenors", to distinguish them from those with more buttons, but it seems that at least up through WWII Wheatstone always referred to them also as "tenor treble".)

Does anyone here who has searched in the early Wheatstone ledgers have an idea the earliest date at which a tenor-treble appeared.

In fact, I'm wondering which came first, the tenor-treble or the baritone. My guess would be the baritone, but that guess isn't based on any study of the ledgers.