Wild-looking One On Ebay

Daniel Hersh

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think, the more I look at it, even a picture of it that would live on here as an avatar picture has merit. Should I? Maybe? NAH! :unsure:

The buttons almost look like red caps on white buttons to me. Perhaps an elephant skin bellows? I don't even want to think where the softest part the skin would come from ;)

Thanks

Leo

Perhaps an elephant skin bellows? I don't even want to think where the softest part the skin would come from ;)

or even the right shape for a bellows ;)

Seriously though my local leather shop had some off-cuts of something they thought might be elephant leather, it was at least half an inch thick and about as flexible as half inch thick cardboard. More suitable for replacing wooden fretworked ends that bellows.

... my local leather shop had some off-cuts of something they thought might be elephant leather, it was at least half an inch thick and about as flexible as half inch thick cardboard. More suitable for replacing wooden fretworked ends that bellows.

Well they used to make elephant's foot umbrella stands, and concertina ends have been made of ivory, but half-inch-thick elephant-hide ends could be a whole new concept... :unsure:

You remind me of the Æola with shagreen (sharkskin) ends that Wheatstone's made for Helen Kennedy!

missed the most of the keys don't make a note part.. Oh Well. I am not in the market for a fixer upper..

And the leather looks like it is probably cape buffalo. very strong and supposed to be fairly water resistant.

I think, the more I look at it, even a picture of it that would live on here as an avatar picture has merit. Should I? Maybe? NAH! :unsure:

Thanks

Leo

Perhaps you should mention it to Alan Day and suggest he uses it as the cover picture on English International. :blink:

Thanks

Leo

Perhaps you should mention it to Alan Day and suggest he uses it as the cover picture on English International. :blink:

It's an English, and it's international. Perfect, I'd say. :lol:

Thanks

Leo

It's an English, and it's international. Perfect, I'd say. :lol:

Look up higher at post #6. I thought about it, going it alone, Priceless, but I'd rather have gone in with a "WE would" as opposed to "I would", but no takers. The idea isn't completely out yet, although I think he's already made a decision. There are still no bids on it yet, and surprisingly no questions asked, so one can only wonder. There is still a chance for someone. :lol:

Leo

I bet those are real leds on the red light action plate, and there may be 24 wires going through the plate. Inside the bellows are 4 batteries, a bunch of wires, an MP3-player, an amplifier, and mounted up the other action plate there may be a Tannoy loudspeaker. Each button triggers another MP3 file, downloaded from a tune page you can find via concertina net. Wouldn't that be a valuable instrument?

I bet those are real leds on the red light action plate, and there may be 24 wires going through the plate.

Perhaps they signal the Mother Ship. This instrument may have been sent here by, as tabloids call them, SPACE ALIENS. They could also cause seizures, or induce hypnotic trances.

Best not touch the scary thing.