John Connor 31-key C/g For Sale

dpmccabe

This is a mint-condition Connor C/G I bought from Barleycorn about nine months ago. I'm not sure on the exact age but I'd guess that it is one of his more recent models, probably from within the last 5 years. If someone needs to know the serial number, let me know where to find it and I'll post it here.

The instrument is a 30 key (Wheatstone layout) with C/C drone. It has steel reeds in brass frames, riveted action and raised metal ends. It also has a very nice set of 6-fold bellows that give you quite a bit more reach than most 6-fold bellows would.

I've played this concertina a lot since purchasing it, so I'd say it's quite a bit more broken-in than it was initially. The intonation is excellent and the concertina is basically in like-new condition. It comes with a new case.

For more information on John Connor (I don't believe he has a website):

http://www.hobgoblin-usa.com/info/faqconcertina.htm

http://www.concertina.net/guide.html#Connor

I'm attaching several pictures (they are Chris Algar's originals in case you recognize the distinctive blanket-draped-across-a-chair style). I will also try to post a sound clip tomorrow (Sunday) night.

A donation will be made to concertina.net if I sell it here. I'm holding off on the eBay route for now so that forum members have first dibs on it. The price is $3900 plus shipping (just lowered).

post-776-1165697809_thumb.jpg

post-776-1165697834_thumb.jpg

post-776-1165697853_thumb.jpg

Edited by dpmccabe

This is a mint-condition Connor C/G I bought from Barleycorn about nine months ago. I'm not sure on the exact age but I'd guess that it is one of his more recent models, probably from within the last 5 years. If someone needs to know the serial number, let me know where to find it and I'll post it here.

Just a bit puzzled, Devin. Did that Jeffries finally fall into your lap?

Regards,

Peter.