Jody's Blog: "wedding Dress" Live Video

Last fall I performed all over the South of England at folk clubs and festivals. My audiences seemed to enjoy this song and join in the chorus. Click below to read a bit about "Wedding Dress" and see a live performance at the Seaford Folk Club, UK, October 19, 2012.

http://jodykruskal.com/tune_of_the_month/january_2013.html

Edited by Jody Kruskal

Thanks Jody. A plaintive, wailing kind of song, with much expression. I like the bluesy solo near the end. Also, I like your arrangement of "Give the Fiddler a Dram," and the interesting photos.

Best regards,

Tom

Thanks Jody. A plaintive, wailing kind of song, with much expression. I like the bluesy solo near the end. Also, I like your arrangement of "Give the Fiddler a Dram," and the interesting photos.

Best regards,

Tom

Hi Tom,

I see you are from NJ, does that mean we are neighbors?

Yes, I've been getting closer to the blues in the past few years and I like it. I'm glad that you like it too.

If you enjoy my youtube "Give the Fiddler a Dram" with the vintage photos, you might also like the other three in my quartet of such productions, all up on my youtube channel:

G'day Jody,

I definitely heard banjo. Clawhammer style if I'm not mistaken.

Cheers

Hi kenneads,

You bet, that's the stuff. Have you seen this Aussie banjo and concertina photo in my Concertina Gallery? There are five more photos from down under.

post-557-0-53805800-1359677691_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jody Kruskal

... and what a shirt...! :D

B.T.W.: Are there any plans for further European (I dare to include England) touring? Would be really nice to watch your show, listen to some very fine music and have a little chat once again...!

Edited by blue eyed sailor

... and what a shirt...! :D

B.T.W.: Are there any plans for further European (I dare to include England) touring? Would be really nice to watch your show, listen to some very fine music and have a little chat once again...!

Yes, I had to get a permit to wear that shirt.

Wolf, it was great to meet you at the Seaford show. Did you sail from Schleswig-Holstein to get there?

As you mentioned before, the Seaford folks put up another youtube from that evening...

New

singing It's My Lazy Day at the Club on 19 October 2012

I do have a 2013 tour in place. It would be wonderful to meet you and your wife again.

November 2013 UK tour

Thursday 14, Uxbridge Folk Club

Friday 15, Swindon Folksingers' Club

Saturday 16, Afternoon workshop and evening concert in Chinnor, Ox - (To be confirmed)

Tuesday 19, Hoy at Anchor, Leigh on Sea

Thursday 21, Folk at the Royal Oak, Lewes

Friday 22, Cambridge Folk Club

Saturday 23, Shammick Acoustic, Combe Martin, North Devon

Monday 25, Devises Folk Club

Hi Jody

Your Messenger is full and won't receive any more. Please get in touch re a possible Northern leg of your tour

Mike

Will do Mike. I've cleared away some room. Also, my web site is always a good way to get ahold of me, just click the contact link.

Jody, you need to come out to Ohio in June and do my lazy day in the Gene Autry Days Singing Cowboy Idol Competition. After all, a concertina player won it last year.

Your 2012 Singing Cowboy Idol

Alan Dormire

But do you have to have a rhinestone outfit to be considered? I'm afraid, I haven't got one. Or the proper hat.

• 2 weeks later...