Beware Of Scams!

Paul Schwartz

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Paypal scam. I just had someone try to scam money out of me before paying for a Lachenal 20key c/g. The scam is they want you to transfer money to a Western Union a/c to pay for a shipping agent because monies are due to Paypal for a shipping agent and you get a Paypal looking statement about this. They say the Paypal money is being held up but if you transfer the sum, your total funds to paypal will be released to you. It is clever. Watch out.

• 4 years later...

Using Wise is maybe Wise if linked to you creditcard.

I used it OK, and so did a recent buyer from me here. In a question to my ICS visa the answer was, the money transfer itself is insured via your credit card, but NOT the value of bought items itself during shipping; you still need to insure the value separately of your shipment.

Another scam i was confronted with: i recently booked a shipment via Parcel International for TNT express (tracking number and label prints provided). After 3 hours a TNT express collection employee showed up.

Alas within a day the parcel disappeared from TNT's tracking radar. I claimed a lost parcel as it was insured by Parcel International, and repeatedly latter told me it was not collected according TNT. I had to provide proof of collection which is normally ONLY sent by email with many shippers as TNT, FedEx, DHL etc. Not in this case.

So after a lot of disputing it seems the parcel was stolen by the employee, TNT denies still that latter might have been fraudulent. Even if i reported a witness who saw it all, and i provided photos of the labeled parcel and documentation. Besides that: very conveniently for them Parcel International suddenly removed all documentation about this parcel from their website. And they even invoiced me for this shipment. Paying? My foot. I filed a Police theft report as it seems the parcel is stolen as such.

--

I had a similar situation about a year ago with another parcel broker, ParcelParcel, which' insurance finally paid up almost a year later after a lot of disputing and even threatening them with a lawyer. And this parcel was lost by FedEx according tracking in Memphis, and traceable as such. 

I am not using parcel intermediators any more as of now. 

Edited by fiddler2007