Noel Hill, Cormac Begley, Jack Talty, Liam O'brien

I just watched the first seven of the sets. Noel, Jack and Cormac have created a wonderfully diverse and unique concertina experience. I hope that everybody will take the time to give these videos all a look. Now, I need to return to the concert!

Ross Schlabach

I tried to go back to these videos last night and I couldn't find them any longer. Is anybody having any luck locating those 14 videos?

Ross Schlabach

Ah, the Old Traditional Money-Grab. Or -Grub.

One does note a slew of very sweet videos still up there, showing players who apparently and luckily don't begrudge the views. Including super-recent stuff from the Corofin trad fest which includes a couple of lovely clips from a rather sleek-&-svelte-looking Mr. Liam O'Brien, and two lovely offerings from Ms. Rachael Hughes.

Edited by ceemonster

Ah, the Old Traditional Money-Grab. Or -Grub.

Hill's tirades against video recording have been a feature of the Willie Clancy concertina recital for a number of years now. I half joked above in reference to that, but I don't know if there's any connection at all.

I would imagine not wanting videos posted is more about a desire to have control over what is out there and curating a public image. I can understand that and empathise with it to a degree, even though, given the reality of how things are these days, that desire is perhaps less realistic.

Edited by Peter Laban